Presence Saint Francis Hospital
355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
Volunteers at Saint Francis Hospital are special people, called to this service of healing ministry—where the gift, the power and the worth of one person’s care for another are as important as the technology we use in the healing process.
Who can volunteer?
Caring people who seek to share their time, talent and love with others and are at least 16 years of age, can become a member of Saint Francis Hospital’s volunteer family. A medical release with proof of immunizations, TB screening, and background investigation is required.
Whenever possible, we ask that volunteers provide a minimum of four hours of service each week for at least a three month period (approximately 50 hours). Every effort will be made to find the service opportunity to meet your skills and interests.
Volunteers work under the supervision of the Volunteer Manager or a member of the hospital’s professional or nursing staff and serve in almost every area of the hospital including:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Emergency Department
- Galvin Heart Center
- Gift Shop
- Information Center
- Materials Management
- Medical Library
- Medical Records
- Outpatient Center
- Patient Transport
- Physical Therapy
- Surgery/Recovery Waiting Area
- Unit Hosts and Hostesses
The Many Benefits of Volunteering
- Endless inner satisfaction that comes from making a difference in other’s lives
- Meeting new and interesting people
- A great networking opportunity
- Discounted meal tickets
- Free, enclosed parking
- Uniforms and training
- Recognition – pins, certificates, annual volunteer dinner
- An opportunity to investigate the wide variety of career opportunities in the health care field
- Volunteer service records may be used as references for schools, employers and may be counted as a work record in a job application.
You can call the Volunteer office at 847-316-2255 to request an application, or download an application by clicking on the links below:
- Application for Volunteer Services
- Volunteer Health Clearance
- Parental Consent Form - for volunteers under 18 years of age
After we receive your completed documents, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Volunteer Manager and a screening with our Employee Health Department.