Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
Volunteers at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center are special people, called to this service of healing where the gift, the power and the worth of one person´s care for another is as important as the technology we use in the healing process.
About the Volunteer Program
Volunteers have been providing support for staff, patients and their families since 1968. Volunteering offers a sense of inner satisfaction that comes from sharing time, talent and love with others. It takes a special kind of person!
Who Can Volunteer
Any person at least 15 years-of-age can become a member of Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center´s volunteer family. We have two categories of volunteers.
- Junior Volunteers - Young men and women, 15 to 17 years-of age.
- Senior Volunteers - Men and women 18 years-of-age or older.
Whenever possible, we ask that volunteers provide a minimum of four hours of service each week for at least a three-month period.
- Inner satisfaction that comes from helping othersm
- Discounted meal tickets
- Free, enclosed parking
- Easy access to Addison St. and Central Ave. public transportation
- Uniforms and training
- Recognition including annual Volunteer Luncheon and service pins and certificates
- Discounts in Gift Gallery and Retail Pharmacy
- An opportunity to investigate the wide variety of career opportunities in the health care field
Volunteers work under the supervision of the Volunteer Director or a member of the professional or nursing staff and serve in almost every area including:
- Center for Bloodless Medicine
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Central Supply
- Child Care Center
- Community Health Screenings and Programs
- Emergency Department
- Extended Care Unit
- Flower, Package and Mail Delivery
- Gift Cart
- Gift Gallery
- Healthy Aging Program
- Information Center
- Medical Library
- Medical Records
- Outpatient Center
- Spiritual Services
- Rehabilitation/Occupational Therapy
- Surgery/Recovery Waiting Area
- Unit Host
How to Join
To join Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center's volunteer family, call the Volunteer Office at 773-794-8463 to have your application forms mailed to you. After your completed documents are received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. We will make every effort to match your interests and time availability with a challenging, rewarding assignment.