Ready for your annual mammogram? We’re ready for you.
The New Lenox Breast Center provides a full range of specialized breast care services from experienced professionals including advanced mammography and ultrasound services, minimally invasive biopsy options and surgery.
Annual screening mammograms are your best line of defense against breast cancer and are recommended for all women age 40 and older by the American Cancer Society.
With convenient appointment times and three locations to choose from, getting your annual mammogram has never been easier. We even offer same day and next day imaging. And because not knowing the results can be the hardest part for you and your family, we've made it our mission to make the time from detection to diagnosis as short as possible.
Breast Imaging Services
Conveniently Available at Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center and our Healing Arts Pavilions located in Plainfield, Romeoville and New Lenox.
- 3D mammography: We have the most powerful weapon yet against breast cancer: 3D mammography (breast tomosynthesis.) 3D breast imaging makes it more difficult for cancer to hide. It takes the life-saving technology of mammography and brings it to a whole new dimension. Benefits include:
- Exceptionally sharp images for visualizing the finest details from many different angles.
- Ability to help detect breast cancer earlier than ever before, when it is most curable.
- Increased accuracy so the chances of a ‘false positive’ are much lower.
- Digital mammography: Women under 50, pre- or perimenopausal, and those with dense breasts or with a family history of breast cancer all benefit from digital mammography. For these women, digital screenings provide a more detailed image of the dense breast tissue with a shorter exam time. Benefits of digital mammography over standard film mammography include:Stereotactic breast biopsy: When a biopsy is needed, stereotactic core breast biopsy is an accurate, minimally invasive way to retrieve questionable tissue. Digital spot view mammography allows for faster and more accurate stereotactic biopsies. Using the visual coordinates taken from a mammogram, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. The examination requires only local anesthesia. In many instances, stereotactic breast biopsies avoid the need for surgery.
- Fewer callbacks or retakes because images can be enhanced with the computer.
- Results are seen more quickly, so exam times are shorter.
- Digital mammograms can be electronically transmitted for easy sharing between your physicians.
Why Choose Us?
- We offer advanced 3D mammography, digital mammography and diagnostic services, as well as superior breast cancer treatment.
- 3D mammography Is Conveniently Available at Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center and our Healing Arts Pavilions located in Plainfield, Romeoville and New Lenox
- You can trust our experience. We offer the most comprehensive breast health services in the area.
- We provide state-of-the-art imaging services promoting breast health in a comfortable setting..
- We are accredited by the American College of Radiology and staffed by registered mammographers.
- Our dedicated radiologists are board-certified.
- As of January 2018, PSJMC has earned a three-year, full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons.
For more information or to schedule your mammogram, call 877.737.4636 (INFO).
A physician's order is not required for a mammogram. 3D mammography and Digital mammography is available at the following locations:
Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center 333 North Madison Street, Joliet, Il 60435
Plainfield Healing Arts Pavilion 16615 South Route 59, Plainfield, IL 60586
Romeoville Healing Arts Pavilion 500 South Weber Road, Romeoville, IL 60446
New Lenox Healing Arts Pavilion 410 East Lincoln Highway, New Lenox, IL 60451 (Route 30 near Cooper Road)