Our experienced pharmacists at Presence Saint Francis Hospital provide high-quality pharmacy services for our patients and their families. Whether you are staying in the hospital or seeing your physician for an office visit, we tailor our professional advice and services to meet your individual needs.
Personalized Pharmacy Services in Evanston
Our highly trained pharmacists and pharmacy technicians provide comprehensive services to support your health and well-being through medication. We offer:
- Expert pharmacists: Most of our pharmacists hold Doctor of Pharmacy degrees or board certifications in their specialties, such as critical care and oncology (cancer). We specialize in educating patients, managing multiple medications and supporting chronic disease management.
- Convenience: With 24/7 bedside support for our hospital patients and fast, on-site service for outpatient prescriptions, we’re here when you need us.
Pharmacy Services at Presence Saint Francis
Our pharmacists support the excellent care you receive here with a full range of pharmacy services:
- Outpatient services: When you come in for an appointment, your physician electronically sends your prescriptions to our pharmacy. We’ll have them ready for you after your doctor visit.
- Automated prescription refills: You can refill your prescriptions anytime, anywhere by calling our automated prescription line.
- 24/7 inpatient support: Our pharmacists work with your care teams in the nursing unit and emergency room to provide prescription medication anytime, day or night. For your safety, we barcode-scan each medication before administering to ensure that the right patient gets the right medication at the right time.
- Infusion medications: If you need infusion therapy for cancer or an infectious disease, we provide prescription infusions and supportive medications through the outpatient infusion center at Presence Saint Francis.
- Advanced medication management: We support organ transplant patients by managing their complete medication regimens, including anti-rejection therapy and medications for other health conditions.
- Patient counseling: When you have your prescriptions filled in our outpatient pharmacy, we answer all your questions about your medications, including how and when to take them, avoiding possible interactions with food or other medications and managing side effects. We teach you how to use blood glucose meters, syringes and other devices.
- Discharge counseling: Our inpatient pharmacists help you make a smooth transition home by bringing your prescriptions to your bedside before you leave. We review all your medications with you and answer your questions.
- Retail pharmacy: As you’re having prescriptions filled, you can shop for over-the-counter medications, vitamins, health and beauty aids, snacks and beverages in our full-service pharmacy in the Professional Building.
Health Insurance and Prescription Assistance
We accept almost all prescription plans and can help you get prior authorizations from your health insurance company. For eligible patients, we can help you access free or reduced-cost manufacturer medication programs, and we accept manufacturers’ co-pay cards.
To speak with one of our pharmacists, call 847.316.2372 or visit our pharmacy in the Professional Building on the Presence Saint Francis campus.
Presence Saint Francis Hospital
800 Austin Street
Evanston, IL 60202
Our retail pharmacy is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We offer free parking in our lots and parking garage.