Presence Resurrection Medical Center offers a Comprehensive Neuroscience and Stroke Care Program and is a regional referral center with national recognition serving Northwest Cook County, both within the city of Chicago and suburbs. It is one of two Presence Neuroscience hubs within the Presence Health acute-care hospital system. We offer life-saving advantages achieving the best possible outcomes possible.
At Presence Resurrection Medical Center, we are dedicated to providing quality, compassionate and comprehensive care for acute to extremely complex neurological conditions.
Conditions we treat:
- Brain Tumors, Lesions and Vascular Abnormalities
- Stereotactic radiosurgery to treat tumors, lesions and vascular abnormalities
- Resection of brain tumor in eloquent area of brain
- Intraoperative placement of GLIADEL® Wafer
- Subdural hematoma (SDH)
- Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)
- Epidural hematoma (EDH)
Parkinson's and Epilepsy:
- Cortical mapping for diagnosis
- Computer-guided surgery, including amygdalectomy and hippocampectomy
- Vagal nerve stimulation
Intracranial and Skull Base Tumors:
- Stealth-computerized surgical navigation, Varian TrilogyTM radiosurgery and novel chemotherapy techniques for:
- Mcoustic neuromas
- Glomus tumors
- Metastases and craniofacial malignancies
- Endovascular direct/balloon or stent-assist coil embolization
- Surgical clipping and coiling
Arteriovenous Malformations and Dural Fistulas:
- Glue/onyx obliteration
- Precision-guided radiotherapy
- Diagnostic cerebral and spinal angiography
- Surgical resection
- Spinal Tumors:
- Non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques
Vertebral Compression Fractures (VCF):
- Balloon kyphoplasty
- Spinal decompression - open and minimally invasive
- Vertebrectomy expandable cage placement
- Lateral mass screw placement
- Odontoid screw placement
- Transodontoid screw placement
- Interbody cage placement
- TLIF, XLIF®, ILIFTM, PLIF, ALIF
- Keyhole foraminotomy
Spinal Deformities and Injuries:
- Spinal fusion - multiple techniques
- Outpatient neuroscience center treating stroke, aneurysms and other neurological conditions
- Stroke Survivor Group - Monthly group for stroke survivors, caregivers and family. Meetings are led by stoke survivors and include guest speakers and open discussions
Why Choose Us?
Our Neuroscience Program offers a full continuum of care that features:
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center: a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV and a certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. Long known for stroke care excellence, we are able to immediately deliver a clot-busting drug called tPA which can actually prevent a stroke from advancing within minutes. Even more amazing, our skilled physicians are now practicing a procedure that can actually reverse the damaging effects of a stroke.
- Telestroke: With a stroke, every second counts. As the first health system in Illinois to connect all of our Presence Health emergency rooms through telemedicine technology, our patients are able to benefit from an industry-changing telemedicine program. The telestroke program allows a specialized stroke physician to be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. This provides the ability to quickly diagnose your neurological condition and work with the care team at your bedside to provide the care you need to deliver the best outcomes
- Neuroscience Institute Clinic: Outpatient neuroscience center treating stroke, aneurysms and other neurological conditions. Our renowned neuroscience specialists work together to provide the most appropriate and comprehensive treatment plan for you.
- Multidisciplinary Specialists: Our neurologists, neurosurgeons and neuroendovascular specialists are part of an integrated care team that also includes specialized nurses, physiatrists, nutritionists and rehabilitation professionals.
- Awards: Healthgrades Top 50 Hospital, Leapfrog Grade A Patient Safety, ACS/NSQIP Top 60 Hospital for Surgical Outcomes. Recipient of the Get with the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Achievement Award with Target Stroke: Elite Honor Award 2016.
Results: We monitor the stroke rate following a carotid stent and cerebral angiogram. In 2017, our 30-day stroke rate for carotid stents was 0 % which is below the benchmark of 3%. Our 24-hour post stroke rate for cerebral angiograms was 0 % which is below the benchmark of 1%. 
 Benchmark established by American Heart American Stroke Association.
Continuum of Care:
We help stroke patients return to normal life through a comprehensive and supportive program:
- Inpatient Rehab Program (CARF)
- Day Rehab Outpatient Program
- Outpatient Therapies
- Presence Home Health
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Support Group: Afterglow Stroke Support Group. Monthly group for stroke survivors, caregivers and family. Meetings are led by stoke survivors and include guest speakers and open discussions. Meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month, 5:30 -7:30 p.m. in the Day Rehab Department near Entrance 3. For more information contact 773-990-GLOW (4569)
Alternate Therapies for Stroke Patients:
- Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT): A guided interaction between a patient and a trained animal with the assistance of the animal’s handler. AAT is used to help individuals recover from or cope with the physical and emotional issues that follow stroke and other health problems.
- Art Therapy: We are able to offer this service through a partnership with the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and Adler University. This exploration fosters self-awareness, reduces anxiety and fear, and brings confidence that encourages patients to work with and overcome stroke-related deficits. Art therapy is a mental health profession in which a stroke survivor, uses various art media, creativity, and the resulting artwork to explore feelings and emotions.
- Smoking Cessation Programs: Offered by the American Lung Association: Learn how to overcome your tobacco addiction so you can start enjoying the benefits of better health in a fun, interactive learning environment.
- When: Tuesdays, 5 to 7 p.m. (plus one Thursday)
- Location: Presence Resurrection Medical Center
For more information, call: 877.737.4636
Presence Resurrection Medical Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
For more information about our program, call 773.990.6440
View a map and directions