Resurrection Health Care is Sponsoring
Patient Safety Awareness Week
Resurrection Health Care is a proud partner with the National Patient Safety Foundation in sponsoring Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 6th - 12th.
Below is a list of links that will provide you and your family resources on patient safety and preparing for your discharge.
Overview of Patient Safety
What can I do to learn about patient safety?
- National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) Patient and Family Resources
- Patient Safety: 10 Things You Can do To Be Safe
- Questions are the Answers: Get More Involved in Your Health Care
- "Are You Safe" Patient Safety Awareness Video
Learn about the medications you take and understand why you are taking them.
- Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely
- My Medicine List
- Medicines: Use Them Safely
- Safe Use of Medicines
- 6 Tips to Avoid Medication Mistakes
- 20 Tips To Prevent Medical Errors - Patient Fact Sheet
Preparing for Discharge from the Hospital
Things I need to do to prepare to go home after the hospital:
- National Patient Safety Foundation "Ask Me 3": Questions to ask your physician, nurse or pharmacist
- Safety as You Go From Hospital to Home
- Hospital Compare is the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Web tool that allows patients to compare data and results of quality, patient satisfaction and readmission rates between hospitals.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality is a part of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services whoâ€™s mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans
- HealthGrades® is a national health care ratings organization that provides quality and cost information to consumers.
- Leapfrog Group analyzes safety and quality information for consumers to compare between hospitals.
- Illinois Department of Public Health Patient Safety and Quality
- Agency for Heathcare Research and Quality