Take The First Step
The first step in any weight loss program is to gather information. That's why we encourage you to start by attending one of our free seminars. You'll have the opportunity to informally meet a surgeon and our staff, learn about the benefits and risks involved in bariatric surgery and ask questions. Or, you can contact us at any time by calling 877-3-YOU-CAN (877-396-8226).
We'll help you determine whether bariatric surgery is right for you. If you are a candidate for surgery, you'll be asked to:
- Meet with our nutritionist to discuss your dietary history and needs
- Take part in a psychological evaluation, performed by either one of our experts or by an outside professional
- Have a thorough physical and provide a detailed medical history, either with your primary care physician or one of ours
- Attend sessions before your procedure to help you prepare for the lifestyle changes bariatric surgery requires and to plan for your post-operative changes, including meal planning and exercise
- Attend support groups after your procedure, which we believe is vital for long term success