Quality Care: Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities
Resurrection Health Care's Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers provide high quality, compassionate nursing, rehabilitation and spiritual care to patients and families. Highlights include:
Quality Skilled Care
- Saint Andrew Life Center and Saint Benedict Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, both located in Niles, were named by US News and World Report as two of America’s best nursing homes.
- Resurrection Life Center, Saint Andrew Life Center and Saint Benedict Nursing and Rehabilitation Center all have a 5-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMMS) for quality, which is achieved by less than 10% of all nursing homes.
- Ballard Rehabilitation and Maryhaven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center both have a 4-Star rating for quality, which places them in the top quarter of all nursing homes.
- Ballard Rehabilitation, Maryhaven Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and Resurrection Nursing and Rehabilitation Center are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Resurrection Health Care nursing homes average 50 to 90% lower in citations for annual surveys. The average number of citations in Illinois is 8, while our average number is 2.4 citations.
- Short-term subacute rehabilitation and long-term rehabilitation provided by licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists in state-of-the-art gyms
- Therapy available up to 7 days a week with proven improvements in activities of daily living
- Programs to support the 5 Safety Initiatives of the Joint Commission
- Pressure sore prevention programs
- Fall assessment and prevention programs
- Medication safety and awareness programs
- Infection control and prevention programs
- Resident identification programs
- Certified wound care nurses and wound rounds programs provide expert care in wounds
- Supportive palliative, hospice and respite care
- Licensed and certified dementia units
- Respiratory services, including ventilator care, and in-house dialysis
- Specialty programs, including post-organ transplantation care, congestive heart failure rehabilitation, and stroke care and rehabilitation
- Resurrection Health Care skilled nursing facilities have a lower average readmission rate of 14.3% back to Resurrection Medical Center as compared to other skilled nursing facilities who average 22.3%.
- Each Resurrection Health Care skilled nursing facility has a task force to address readmissions and develop interventions for providing services in the home and keeping the resident from being readmitted to the hospital.