|Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center|
|Saint Mary Campus
2233 West Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
|Saint Elizabeth Campus
1431 North Claremont Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
In Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, patients receive comprehensive rehabilitative care aimed at achieving optimal wellness. A multidisciplinary, multilingual team of specialists collaborates with each patient to develop a customized treatment plan.
Individualized plans of care are built around each patient’s personal goals and abilities. Frequent team conferences are scheduled to review progress and update goals. Patients typically spend three hours a day, five days a week in physical, occupational and/or speech therapies depending on their needs.
Our goal is to help patients attain the highest possible level of functional independence so they can participate more fully in all aspects of life. Services are provided by a caring team of experienced professionals who address all the patient’s needs—medical, physical, spiritual, psychological and social. Led by a physiatrist, our rehabilitation team includes nurses case managers, physical, occupational and speech therapists, social workers, psychologists, spiritual services staff, dietitians and pharmacists. Many of our nurses have advanced certifications, such as Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN).
Rehabilitation services offered:
- Mobility — Balance, coordination, walking and wheelchair skills
- Communication — Speaking, reading and writing
- Problem Solving — Safety, judgment, thinking and path-finding skills, organizing and executing daily tasks
- Daily Living Skills — Self care, homemaking, cooking, recreation, shopping and swallowing
- Bowel and Bladder — Continence and regulation
- Skin Integrity — Improvement and prevention of skin problems due to decreased mobility or sensation
- Education — How to maintain optimal health despite changes in the way the body functions and proper use of medications
- Nutrition and Hydration — Monitoring and education
- Discharge Planning — Assistance in after-care arrangements, caregiver training
Care for patients who require an emphasis on medical and nursing care is provided in our Skilled Nursing Unit.