Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center is committed to delivering excellent care to our patients and is recognized by national organizations for meeting high quality standards.
- Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center has physicians who are leaders in their fields and teaching a new generation of doctors. Medical residents train each year in Family Practice.
- Advanced obstetrical care/gynecology program and well-known behavioral health, alcohol/substance abuse and diabetes programs.
- The Culture of Excellence initiative and ongoing patient satisfaction survey ensures the delivery of excellent patient care.
- Employees, physicians, nurses and staff, who speak many languages ranging from Polish and Spanish to Tagalog, Portuguese and Hindi.
- A wide range of education programs offered year-round to address the health care needs of the community.
- Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center is a Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission for using stroke care protocols that have been proven as efficient and high quality.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) - Residency Review Committees for Family Medicine, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American College of Radiology - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) services, mammography and ultrasound
- American College of Surgeons - Teaching Hospital Cancer Program
- CME Accredited by the Illinois State Medical Society
- College of American Pathologists
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) - Adult echocardiography laboratory
- Society of Chest Pain Centers - Accredited chest pain center
- Aetna Institutes of Quality (IOQ) for Cardiac Surgery - Cardiac Medical Intervention
- Breast Center of Excellence - American College of Radiology's (ACR) Commissions on Quality and Safety and Breast Cancer Imaging
- 2012-13 U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" in Chicago metro area, No.19
- Cancer Center Accredited with Commendation - Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency, Division of Nuclear Safety
- The State of Illinois Department of Public Health
- The City of Chicago
- American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- American Hospital Association
- Association of Hospital Medical Education
- Association of Perioperative Nurses (AORN)
- Catholic Health Association of the United States
- Chicago Asthma Consortium
- Illinois Catholic Health Association
- Illinois Hospital Association
- Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy