Oncology Infusion Center
New satellite center serves Saint Joseph Hospital patients
The Oncology Infusion Center: A Service of Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center serves outpatients who require oncology infusion therapy (chemotherapy) services.
Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (SMEMC) in Chicago, a sister hospital, has opened a satellite oncology infusion therapy center at Saint Joseph Hospital (SJH) on the 7th floor. Infusion therapy is a cancer treatment in which staff administers chemotherapy intravenously.
Like SJH, SMEMC offers a premier cancer program, accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer - meaning they meet the highest standards of cancer care. Delivering high quality infusion therapy services to each and every patient is our top priority; partnering with our affiliate hospital will allow us to do that most effectively. Our highly skilled cancer team of physicians and staff will provide the best care possible to help patients regain their health.
How will this impact patients?
There will be no change in the quality or nature of cancer care provided at SJH. Here is what will stay the same:
- The patient's physician and healthcare team will continue to provide care.
- Patients will continue to have access to cutting-edge therapies and state-of-the-art treatments.
There will be a few logistical and administrative changes:
- Outpatient registration will move from the 7th floor to the 1st floor Patient Access Department, adjacent to the Information Desk.
- The 7th floor infusion area will become The Oncology Infusion Center: A service of Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center. Patients in need of chemotherapy at Saint Joseph Hospital will receive treatment through this new program in the same location on the 7th floor (east wing) of the hospital.
- Patients will receive a bill for oncology infusion services from SMEMC, rather than SJH. Patients will continue to receive a bill from SJH for other hospital services and a physician bill from Resurrection Medical Group.
The development of the new SMEMC Oncology Infusion Center will position SMEMC and SJH to provide services to more people in our joint communities – ensuring that patients continue to have access to affordable, high quality medications. Our physicians will continue to provide the high quality of care that patients and referring physicians have come to know and trust.
Who to Contact
If you have any questions, please call The Center for Cancer Care at 773-665-3584 or via email at SMEMCInfusionCenter@Reshealthcare.org.