Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
Looking to make a difference? Join our group of dedicated volunteers at Saint Joseph Hospital and use your talents to make a positive impact.
Volunteers have been providing support for staff, patients and their families for years. Share your time, talent and unique skills and feel the inner satisfaction that comes with helping others!
Who Can Volunteer
Any person at least 15 years-of-age can become a member of our volunteer group.
We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of four hours of service each week for at least a six-month period. Summer volunteer programs are also available.
- Rewarding personal experience
- $4.00 meal voucher
- Free parking
- Easy access to public transportation
- Annual recognition at the Volunteer Luncheon
- An opportunity to see firsthand the variety of career opportunities in the health care field
Volunteers have the opportunity to help in areas throughout the hospital including:
- Department Assistant
- Nutrition Assistant
- Spiritual Services Assistant
- Waiting Room Attendants
- Patient Service Volunteers
- Clothes Closet Assistant
- The Center for Cancer Care's Wellness Room Resource Assistant
- The Family Birthplace Assistants
For more information or to request an interview, contact Pamela Murphy, manager, volunteer services, at 773-665-3167 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to match your interests and time availability with a challenging, rewarding assignment.
Great Designers, Great Deals, All the Time
Saint Joseph Hospital's Clothes Closet has a 40-year tradition of providing apparel and household items for very low prices.
- Items offered include gently used women's, men's and children's clothes, books, DVDs, housewares, jewelry, toys and more
- Sales take place on the ground level of the Manor Professional Office Building adjacent to the hospital, 2913 North Commonwealth Ave.
- Open Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- NEW Donation Drop-Off Location & Hours: Manor Building Lobby (in the large labeled drop-off bin), Mon-Fri 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. AND Saturdays 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- For more information, call 773-665-3909