Rehabilitation Inpatient Unit
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
Referrals: Call 773-665-3754.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Saint Joseph Hospital is dedicated to helping people recover or improve their physical functioning through a wide range of rehabilitation services.
Our goal is to assist patients to reach their own goals so they can participate more fully in all aspects of life. Services are provided by a caring team of experienced specialists that address all the patient’s needs – medical, physical, spiritual, psychological and social. Our nurses and therapists specialize in rehabilitation and geriatric care. In fact, many on our nurses have advanced certifications such as Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) and Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN). At the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Saint Joseph Hospital, doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers and other professionals use a team approach to optimize the strength of the human spirit.
- Mobility - Balance, coordination, walking and wheelchair skills
- Communication - Speaking, reading and writing
- Problem Solving - Safety, judgment, thinking and path-finding skills, organizing and executing daily tasks
- Daily Living Skills - Self care, homemaking, cooking, recreation, shopping and swallowing
- Bowel and Bladder - Continence and regulation
- Skin Integrity - Improvement and prevention of skin problems due to decreased mobility or sensation
- Education - How to maintain optimal health despite changes in the way the body functions and proper use of medications
- Nutrition and Hydration - Monitoring and education
- Discharge Planning - Assistance in after-care arrangements, caregiver training
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Saint Joseph Hospital provides each patient with the encouragement, support and resources needed to progress toward recovery.
Care for patients who require an emphasis on medical and nursing care such as long-term antibiotic therapy or wound care is provided in our Skilled Nursing Unit.
Outpatient care for patients requiring physical or occupational therapy is provided at our Outpatient Rehabilitation site, the Rehabilitation & Fitness Center.
For more information about Rehabilitation Services available at Resurrection Health Care, visit the Rehabilitation Network.