Patient Navigator Services
We understand that being diagnosed with cancer is a life-changing experience, one that will leave an indelible mark on your life. Our patient navigators are Oncology Certified Nurses and are here to help you and your family through every step of your care-from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up support. They are available to answer questions, offer advice, resolve issues, make phone calls and even provide directions. Their service is an added comfort for you and your family during this difficult time so you can focus on what's important-your health.
Your Patient Navigator supports you by:
- Scheduling your doctor appointments and hospital tests and arranging transportation
- Helping you understand treatment options and test results
- Helping you manage side effects from medications and treatments
- Providing education on cancer care
- Identifying barriers and working to overcome them
- Connecting you to the "right" person for assistance
- Linking you up with social services, such as home health care
- Helping you obtain wigs and prostheses when needed
- Arranging appointments with a social worker, dietitian and other healthcare professionals
Meet Our Nurse Navigator
Wendy Starr, R.N., O.C.N.
To learn more about how our Patient Navigation Team can help you and your family, call 773-665-6992.