Accreditation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
Our Cancer Care Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS), which recognizes our commitment to excellent quality of care for our cancer patients. To receive this credential, we underwent a rigorous evaluation and performance review on a variety of factors - from management and technology to research and outreach. We are proud to have received six commendations in the areas of quality, timeliness, compliance and education.
Receiving care at a CoC-accredited cancer program hospital ensures that you will receive:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment.
- A multidisciplinary, team approach to coordinate the best cancer treatment options available.
- Access to cancer-related information and education.
- Access to patient-centered services such as psychosocial distress screening and navigation.
- Options for genetic assessment and counseling, and palliative care services.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care.
- Assessment of treatment planning based on evidence-based national treatment guidelines.
- Information about clinical trials and new treatment options.
- Follow-up care at the completion of treatment, including a survivorship care plan.
- A cancer registry that collects data on cancer type, stage, and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
The Commission on Cancer is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.
Call 877-RES-INFO (877-737-4636) to get a referral or schedule an appointment.