Presence Saint Francis Hospital
The Galvin Heart Center
355 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
Recognized Leader in Cardiac Care
Saint Francis Hospital is a recognized leader in cardiovascular services and performed the first Cardiac Bypass surgery in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, Saint Francis Hospital was the first hospital in the state of Illinois to become an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
Paul V. Galvin Heart Center
Our all-digital Paul V. Galvin Heart continues a rich history of providing leading-edge, exceptional cardiac care to thousands of patients each year.
The Galvin Heart Center's staff includes more than 50 cardiologists, cardiothoracic, vascular, and neurovascular surgeons who are at the forefront of providing exceptional, progressive cardiac care.
Your Heart is in the Right Place
With advanced diagnostics, the latest minimally invasive treatments, an expert cardiac team and a comprehensive rehabilitation program, Saint Francis Hospital provides all that patients need for a healthy heart - and lifestyle.
- Diagnostic Procedures - Saint Francis Hospital offers a wide range of tests to diagnose individuals with cardiac conditions so that treatment can begin promptly. Appointments are conveniently available throughout the week and on Saturday.
- Pacemaker Clinic - Saint Francis Hospital has a Pacemaker Clinic that provides specialized care to our heart patients. We provide follow-up assessment of pacemakers utilizing office visits and telephonic device checks.
- Minimally Invasive Techniques - Interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons work together to determine the most effective treatment plan for each patient. Whenever possible, minimally invasive procedures are performed and most patients are able to go home the next day if no further intervention is needed.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation - The cardiac rehabilitation program offers a comprehensive curriculum of exercise, education and support designed to help patients with heart disease to safely resume active and productive lives, and reduce the risk of further heart problems.
- Community Health and Education - Saint Francis Hospital is committed to providing community health and education classes, health fairs, and screenings.
Meet Our Doctors
Learn more information about the cardiologists and heart doctors at Saint Francis Hospital.
Our Accredited Chest Pain Center - Time is Muscle
Saint Francis Hospital was the first hospital in the state of Illinois to be designated an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and is now the only Accredited Chest Pain Center on Chicago's North Shore.
In cardiac care, there is a saying: "Time is Muscle." When you are experiencing chest pain and possibly having a heart attack, every minute counts.
Accredited Chest Pain Centers undergo a rigorous evaluation process by the Society of Chest Pain Centers based on their ability to assess, diagnose, and treat patients quickly and effectively. Accredited Chest Pain Centers have been found to significantly reduce the mortality rate of patients suffering chest pain by minimizing the time that it takes to receive treatment and increasing the accuracy and effectiveness of treatment.
Saint Francis Hospital offers specialists in trauma and cardiology who provide chest pain patients with 24-hour care, seven days a week, ensuring that only the highest level of cardiac care and a high level of attention to detail are offered during the critical early stages of a heart attack.
Want more information?
Look through our interactive tools page to quizzes, clinical wizards, and more!
Interactive Body - Multimedia Tools
Learn more about the heart treatment through these interactive, animated guides to common diseases and procedures: