Paramedic and EMS Resources
Saint Francis Hospital has been an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) resource hospital for more than 3 decades, representing 7 communities, 3 private providers and 2 non-transport agencies.
Since 1974, our program has been dedicated to providing high quality pre-hospital education, including the following:
- EMT-Paramedic Training
- Continuing Education for EMTs and Paramedics
We also partner with Oakton Community College, Advance Ambulance, and Superior Air Ground Ambulance for EMT-B education.
As a designated resource hospital, the Saint Francis EMS program collaborates closely with our Emergency Department, and colleagues at our associate hospitals:
- Skokie Hospital
- Glenbrook Hospital
- Evanston Hsopital
Our system is one of four EMS systems that are incorporated in Region X. Together we cover a large geographic area starting at the northern border of Chicago extending to Wisconsin.
As a region, in coordination with the Illinois Department of Public Health, we work together to serve multiple roles, including authorship of Standard Operating Procedures, Trauma Policy and Procedures, Standards and Practices and Disaster Management.
Paramedic Training Program
High quality pre-hospital care can be established only through a dedication to excellence in education. To achieve this, Saint Francis Hospital has joined with Oakton Community College to form a paramedic program that far surpasses the minimum standards of paramedic education and offers our students the opportunity to earn college credit hours.
As a valuable member of the community, Saint Francis Hospital participates in many programs, including the Public Access Defibrillator Program, Emergency Communications Radio Nurse and Trauma Nurse Specialist courses.
Materials to Download
- Request for Clarification Form
- Incident Report Form
- Expired Medication Request Form
- IDPH Training Application Form
- IDPH BLS Inspection Form
- Transport Vehicle Inventory List 4/13
- Non Transport Inventory List
- EMS Extension Application
- EMS Inactive/Reactivation Application
- Initial Ambulance Inspection Report Form
- Emergency Medical Systems Extension Application
- Request to Modify/Amend Previously Approved EMS System Plan (SYSMOD)
Policies and Procedures
- Saint Francis EMS System Policy and Procedure Manual - 2012
- Region X Multiple Patient Plan
- Region X Standard Operating Procedures
For further information about our Emergency Medical Services or the Saint Francis Hospital Paramedic Training program, please call our EMS Office at 847-316-6117.