Resurrection Medical Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Audiological services are provided for the diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders, including screenings, evaluations and hearing aids for patients of all ages. Each audiologist holds a master's or clinical doctorate degree and is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and the state of Illinois. Services available include:
- Acoustic immittance testing
- Audiological evaluations
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing for help in identifying nerve and mid-brain lesions often ordered by a physician when there is asymmetric hearing loss, sudden hearing loss or one is experiencing tinnitus
- Cerumen (earwax) removal
- Audiometric screenings
- Infant hearing screenings and complete pediatric diagnostic testing
- Assistive listening devices, hearing aids and hearing protection equipment for purchase
- Balance testing for patients experiencing dizziness called Electronystagmography (ENG)
- The dispensing of sound generators for those patients who are experiencing ringing in their ears
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) and Neuromonics Treatment - PRMC audiologists offer various tinnitus treatment options for those patients who are experiencing ringing in their ears including Tinnitus Retraining Therapy and Neuromonics Treatment.
Resurrection Medical Center Audiologists can provide a wide range of hearing devices for your patients including hearing aids at a variety of technology levels and prices. The Audiology department also provides assistive listening devices for such things as the television and cell phone. Following a hearing test which shows permanent hearing loss, the audiologist can complete an application for the patient for a free telephone through the State of Illinois ITAC program.