Resurrection Medical Center
Advanced Gastrointestinal Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Designed exclusively for digestive health procedures, our recently renovated GI Lab incorporate the most advanced technology in a comfortable, private and convenient setting. Knowledgeable and sensitive, our highly trained teams of gastrointestinal specialists provide a full range of procedures to diagnose and treat digestive diseases including colon cancer, ulcers and gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Diagnostic and treatment options for reflux disease and its complications include:
- Capsule endoscopy - Used to determine the cause of pain or bleeding, the patient swallows a capsule with a tiny camera that moves naturally through the GI tract, recording thousands of images.
- TEE (transesophageal echocardiograms) - A noninvasive test that uses sound waves.
- TIF (Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication) - For patients with moderate to severe GERD, TIF treats the underlying cause of GERD without incisions, reconstructing the antireflux valve and restoring the body's natural protection against reflux.
- BARRX ablation procedure - For patients with Barrett's Esophagus, this outpatient treatment removes the diseased layer of cells from the esophagus with no incisions using advanced BARRX HALO System technology without injury to underlying healthy tissue.
- 24-hour Esophageal pH monitoring - A test that measures how often and for how long stomach acid enters the tube that leads from the mouth to the stomach (esophagus).
- SmartPill - A single-use, ingestible capsule that utilizes sensor technology to measure pressure, pH and temperature throughout the entire GI tract, providing information such as gastric emptying time, small bowel transit time, colonic transit time, combined small and large bowel transit time and whole gut transit time.