Resurrection Medical Center
7447 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Computed Tomography (CT Scan) is x-ray technique that produces cross-section images of your internal structures. We perform all types of CT examinations: head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, extremities, and spine. Three-dimensional CT studies are created by utilizing computers that produce special views.
CT scans are performed using helical and multidetector CT scanners with rapid scanning capability. Our protocols are designed to provide the highest image quality using the lowest radiation dose possible.
Expect the exam to last about 30 minutes, depending on the preparation needed and whether it includes the use of a contrast medium. The scan itself is painless and may take just a few minutes to complete. CT scans are also used to perform CT angiography studies, biopsy guidance, radiation therapy planning and virtual colonoscopy (CT colonography).
What does a CT scan do?
- Locates tumors, infection or blood clot
- Identifies and monitor diseases such as cancer or heart disease
- Detects internal injuries and bleeding
- Identifies abnormalities in the spine and musculoskeletal system
What do we offer?
- Convenient daytime, evening, and weekend hours
- Pre-registration for timely and efficient service upon your arrival
- Pre-authorization specialist to help you with your insurance needs
- Located on the hospital campus with the support of the hospital services for those with specialized needs
- 3 GE (General Electric) CT Scanners – Helical and multislice
- Images accessible electronically for on-staff physicians
- Dedicated Radiology Coder
RMC's CT Scan department is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Experienced CT Radiologists fellowship trained in Neuroradiology, Musculoskeletal and Body Imaging
- Members of the American Society of Neuroradiology and the Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Our experienced CT Technologists are licensed with additional certification in CT scan
- On-site Radiology certified registered nurses and doctors
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday||7:00 am - 11:00 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||8:00 am - 3:30 pm|
To schedule an appointment call 773-792-5556. Our facility can generally accommodate you with a CT appointment within 1-2 days of your call.
How do I prepare?
How you prepare for a CT scan depends on which part of your body is being scanned. Upon making your appointment, you will be given instructions specific to the type of CT scan you will have.
Some patients may need to fast for a few hours; or drink a bowel preparation; others may need to have a blood test prior to the exam. CT scan does utilize ionizing radiation, so please let us know if you may be pregnant.
Wear comfortable clothing. Please remove any metal objects, such as jewelry, that might interfere with exam.
Bring your physician's orders, insurance cards, and picture ID with you. Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Who do I call with additional questions regarding my exam?
- For questions on how the exam will be performed, questions about the preparation or post procedure instructions, call the CT Department at 773-792-5844.
- To reschedule your exam, call Central Scheduling at 773-792-5556.
- For general questions about your physician's order or for your exam results, contact your physician's office.