Resurrection Medical Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Our Volunteer Program
Volunteers have been providing support for staff, patients and their families since the hospital opened in 1953. Volunteering offers a sense of inner satisfaction. It takes a person who is willing to give of their time and talents. They provide care and compassion that is needed by many. A volunteer is a fine example of a person who lives our core values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Service.
Who Can Volunteer
- Junior volunteers - Must be at least 16 years of age. We request a minimum of at least 60 hours of volunteer time.
- Senior volunteers - Must be at least 18 years of age. We request a minimum of at least 75 hours of volunteer time.
We request that volunteers donate at least 50 hours of time.
- Satisfaction of helping others
- Meal passes
- Free Parking
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Discounts in the Gift Shop and Pharmacy
Volunteers work under the supervision of the Volunteer Director or an employee in the department where they are volunteering. Some areas include the following:
- Cancer Center
- Gift Shop
- Professional Building
- Information Desk
- Nursing Floors
- Mail Delivery/Menus/Flower Delivery/Newspaper Delivery
- Physical Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Specialized Imaging
- Surgical Waiting Rooms
How to Join
To join our Volunteer Program at Resurrection Medical Center, call 773-792-5110 for an application. Once we have received your completed form, we will contact you. We look forward to you joining our Volunteer Department.