Resurrection Medical Center
7447 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is primarily used in medical imaging to visualize the structure and function of the body. MRI uses a large magnet to obtain radiation-free images. It provides excellent soft tissue contrast delineation, making it especially useful in neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and oncological imaging.
What do we offer?
- Convenient daytime, evening, and weekend hours
- Two 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners
- Pre-authorization specialist to help you with your insurance needs
- Pre-registration for timely and efficient service upon your arrival
- Images electronically accessible for on-staff physicians
- Hospital support services for those with specialized needs
- Highly experienced and MRI-credentialed technologist
- Dedicated radiology coder
Our MRI Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Experienced MRI Radiologists fellowship trained in Neuroradiology and Musculoskeletal
- Members of the American Society of Neuroradiology and the Society of Skeletal Radiology
- All ARRT Certified Technologists with additional certification in Magnetic Radiology Imaging
- On-site Radiology certified registered nurses
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday||7:00 am - 11:00 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||7:00 am - 3:30 pm|
To schedule an appointment call 773-792-5556.
How do I prepare?
An MRI poses no risk for most people. However, any metal in or on the body may affect the quality of the image and cause discomfort or injury during the procedure. It is important to remove all metal on your body, such as dentures, hearing aids, hairclips and jewelry. Before undergoing an MRI exam, be sure to inform your physician or the technologist if you are pregnant and/or if you have:
- A cardiac pacemaker
- Metal plate, pin or metallic implant
- An intrauterine device (IUD)
- Aneurysm clips
- Previous gunshot wound
- Ever worked with metal (such as grinding or welding)
- Permanent tattoo or eyeliner
Wear comfortable clothing with no metal. Bring your physician’s orders, insurance card, and picture ID with you and arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
Who do I call with additional questions regarding my exam?
- To reschedule your exam, call Central Scheduling at 773-792-5556.
- For questions on how the exam, call the MRI Department at 773- 792-5199.
- For general questions about your physician’s order or for your exam results, contact your physician’s office.