Resurrection Medical Center
Speech and Audiology Department
7435 W. Talcott Ave.
Chicago, IL 60631
The Resurrection Medical Center Speech and Audiology Department provides a variety of quality services for the pediatric and adult population. Our inpatient and outpatient services include clinical evaluation and treatment in the areas of speech, language, voice, fluency, and swallowing.
Evaluations and therapy are provided by licensed and certified speech-language pathologists, each holding a Master’s degree in the area of Communication Disorders.
Services Offered Include Evaluations and Therapy for:
- Articulation Disorders
- Language delays/disorders
- Voice disorders, including Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) - specialized voice therapy provided by a trained and certified speech-language pathologist
- Dysfluency (stuttering)
- Motor Speech Disorders (dysarthria, apraxia)
- Neurological-based disorders (aphasia therapy)
- Clinical swallowing evaluations and therapy (dysphagia)
- Videoflouroscopic swallow studies (for adults-including residents of nursing homes)
Speech-Language Pathologists at Resurrection Medical Center are involved with:
- Pediatric Group Therapy (“First Friends” social language group)
- Parent Education Sessions (“Baby Signs” educational course)
- Afterglow Stroke Support Group
- Parkinson’s Disease Support Group