Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
The Speech Therapy Department at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care to return you to your fullest possible function. Inpatient, skilled care and outpatient services provide a warm, caring atmosphere to promote maximum independence for body and spirit.
Treatment includes evaluation and rehabilitation of swallowing disorders and speech, language and cognitive disorders. The goal is to help you achieve maximum communication or swallowing function. Evaluation and treatment include those for:
- Swallowing difficulties. Videofluoroscopic swallow evaluations are available, if needed
- Slurred speech and difficulty pronouncing words
- Difficulty in comprehending speech
- Difficulty in word-finding or inability to speak
- Cognitive/thinking deficits including difficulty with reasoning, problem solving, attention, judgment and/or processing
- Voice disorders, including chronic hoarseness and vocal nodules
A physician referral is required before scheduling of services. On receipt of the referral, you will be promptly scheduled for your initial evaluation.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the Rehabilitation Services Department, which includes Speech Therapy, at 773-794-7690.
After thorough evaluation by a therapist, an individualized therapy program will be developed to meet your specific needs. Evaluations and reports of your progress will occur frequently between the therapy staff and your referring physician.
Find out more information about our overall Rehabilitation Services.