Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
Early detection is key in the fight against breast cancer. And one of your best defenses in early detection is a mammogram. At Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, we offer state-of-the-art digital mammography care and convenient scheduling.
What can I expect?
The best diagnosis and treatment, thanks to all-digital imaging technology and our staff. Our Imaging Services Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology and includes five board-certified radiologists with advanced training in the interpretation of full-field digital mammography.
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments are available every week day and Saturdays, and can be scheduled within 24-hours if you have a physician’s order. Walk-ins also are welcome. Call Central Scheduling at 773-794-7678 to make your appointment today.
What does full-field digital mammography mean?
- Advanced imaging. The technology is noted for its ability to emphasize contrasts and identify abnormalities that may not be as visible on traditional film mammography.
- Reduced exam time. Digital mammography results in shorter examination times and significantly improved patient comfort and convenience.
- A built-in 'second opinion'. Digital mammography is used in conjunction with a computer aided detection system – often referred to as a second opinion – that identifies potential concerns even before the radiologist views the results.
Why are mammogram screenings important?
More than 70 percent of breast cancer cases occur in women who have no identifiable risk factors and risks increase with age. Two-thirds of newly-diagnosed breast cancers show no signs that the cancer has spread beyond the breast. Most women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer are candidates for treatment that saves the breast. Digital mammography is particularly beneficial for women with dense or thick breasts, women under age 50, and pre- and peri-menopausal women.
Making an Appointment is Easy
Appointments are available as follows:
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday – Friday||7 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
Appointments can be made within 24-hours with a written order from a physician. Walk-ins are welcome. Screening time is about 20-minutes.
Call Central Scheduling at 773-794-7678 today and give yourself peace of mind.
At Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, we understand how busy you are, and we value your time as well as your health. That's why we offer easy scheduling and a convenient location, right at 5645 W. Addison St., the corner of Addison St. and Central Ave. Get directions.
- Learn more about the benefits of digital mammography
- Read about our comprehensive breast care services
To learn more: