Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
Memory Disorder Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
Individuals who experience memory loss or have behavioral problems related to dementia can get the help they need at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center's Memory Disorder Center, where they will receive diagnostic evaluation and follow-up as well as comprehensive clinical services and support.
"As our aging population increases, the need for early assessment and diagnosis of dementia is growing," said Prasad Chappidi, M.D., Neurologist and Lead Physician.
Key services offered at the Memory Disorder Center include:
- Perform assessment and diagnosis of suspected memory problems;
- Schedule follow-up appointments and coordinate referrals to other disciplines;
- Provide continuity of care for patients and their families/caregivers; link them with appropriate community services;
- Serve as the primary care source for Memory Disorder Center patients and their families/caregivers; coordinate support groups as indicated; and
- Be a “one stop” resource for referring physicians, patients and their families.
Patients and their families and caregivers receive assistance from an interdisciplinary team that includes:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Other skilled specialists as needed such as physical, occupational and speech therapists, audiologists and social workers.
"Our goal is to provide improved access to organized multidisciplinary services for people with dementia and their caregivers," added Dr. Chappidi.
For more information and to schedule an appointment at the Memory Disorder Center, call the Ambulatory Services Department at 773-527-5071.