Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
The Physical Therapy Department at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care to return you to your fullest possible function. Inpatient, skilled care and outpatient services provide a warm, caring atmosphere to promote maximum independence for body and spirit.
Physical therapists work with patients to help them regain mobility and strength and restore function. Comprehensive musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiopulmonary health is the focus of the Physical Therapy Program. The goal is to help you achieve an optimal functional status at home, at work and in the community. Therapies are provided for a variety of injuries, illnesses and medical conditions, including:
- Back, neck, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow soft tissue injuries
- Orthopedic injuries, such as hip fracture, knee and hip joint replacement
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, Parkinsons disease and brain injury
- Sports injuries
- Chronic, vascular or post-surgical wounds
A physician referral is required before scheduling of services. On receipt of the referral, you will be promptly scheduled for your initial evaluation.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the Rehabilitation Services Department , which includes Physical Therapy, at 773-794-7690.
After thorough evaluation by a therapist, an individualized therapy program will be developed to meet your specific needs. Evaluations and reports of your progress will occur frequently between the therapy staff and your referring physician.
Find out more information about our overall Rehabilitation Services.
- Balance and Vestibular Center - The Center is designed to treat and improve the quality of life for those with balance and dizziness (vertigo) disorders. Computerized, state-of-the-art technology is used to evaluate your sensory and motor balance systems and define the cause of your balance problems. A customized treatment plan is developed based on this assessment.
- Lymphedema - Lymphedema is a chronic swelling of a body part due to blockage of the lymphatic system. Treatment for this condition includes: compression bandaging, manual lymph drainage, remedial exercises, skin care, self-management education and compression garment fitting. The goal is to improve body image, increase use of the affected extremity, and teach long-term management of this condition.