Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
The Occupational Therapy Department at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care to return you to your fullest possible function. Inpatient, skilled care and outpatient services provide a warm, caring atmosphere to promote maximum independence for body and spirit.
Treatment focuses on improving physical or neurological impairments by increasing range of motion, strength and flexibility. The goal is to help you gain the highest level of independence in daily tasks at home and at work. Therapies include those for:
- Hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder injuries
- Repetitive injury - Carpal tunnel and deQuervain's syndrome
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and brain injury
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Adaptations for work, home and leisure activities
- Ergonomic assessment and injury prevention
A physician referral is required before scheduling of services. On receipt of the referral, you will be promptly scheduled for your initial evaluation.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the Rehabilitation Services Department, which includes Occupational Therapy, at 773-794-7690.
After thorough evaluation by a therapist, an individualized therapy program will be developed to meet your specific needs. Evaluations and reports of your progress will occur frequently between the therapy staff and your referring physician.
Find out more information about our overall Rehabilitation Services.
Specially trained therapists perform functional capacity evaluations and work rehabilitation to ensure an employee's return to work.
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) - a comprehensive, objective test of an individual’s ability to perform work-related tasks.
- Function measurements are used to make return-to-work and activity decisions, and disability determinations. Findings also can be helpful to design rehabilitation plans.
- A physician referral is required before scheduling the evaluation.
- Evaluations take about 4 hours to complete. A full report of the individual’s abilities and limitations will be provided to the referring physician within 48-hours.
- If further training is necessary, the therapist may recommend the individual continue skilled therapy or participate in our Work Rehabilitation program.
- Work Rehabilitation (WR) - a supervised, individualized program of work conditioning that maximizes a person’s ability to safely return to work. WR initiation is based on FCE results.
- Work rehabilitation incorporates progressive work simulation, aerobic conditioning, strengthening exercises, instruction on correct body mechanics and lifting techniques, and home exercise activities to prepare an injured worker to meet the critical demands of his job.
- A physician referral is required before scheduling the rehabilitation. Therapy usually progresses from 2 hours of therapy 3-5 times a week to 4 hours of therapy 3-5 times a week.