Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center
5645 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
The Rehabilitation Services Department at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care to return you to your fullest possible function. Inpatient, skilled care and outpatient services provide a warm, caring atmosphere to promote maximum independence for body and spirit. Our highly trained staff includes licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists as well as licensed physical and occupational therapy assistants and rehabilitation technicians.
A physician referral is required before scheduling of services. On receipt of the referral, you will be promptly scheduled for your initial evaluation.
After thorough evaluation by a therapist, an individualized therapy program will be developed to meet your specific needs. Evaluations and reports of your progress will occur frequently between the therapy staff and your referring physician.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the Rehabilitation Services Department at 773-794-7690.
- Physical Therapy - Physical therapists work with patients to help them regain mobility and strength and restore function. Comprehensive musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiopulmonary health is the focus of the Physical Therapy Program. The goal is to help you achieve an optimal functional status at home, at work and in the community. Therapies are provided for a variety of injuries, illnesses and medical conditions, including:
- Back, neck, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow soft tissue injuries
- Orthopedic injuries, such as hip fracture, knee and hip joint replacement
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, Parkinsons disease and brain injury
- Sports injuries
- Chronic, vascular or post-surgical wounds
- Balance and Vestibular Center - The Center is designed to treat and improve the quality of life for those with balance and dizziness (vertigo) disorders. Computerized, state-of-the-art technology is used to evaluate your sensory and motor balance systems and define the cause of your balance problems. A customized treatment plan is developed based on this assessment.
- Lymphedema - Lymphedema is a chronic swelling of a body part due to blockage of the lymphatic system. Treatment for this condition includes: compression bandaging, manual lymph drainage, remedial exercises, skin care, self-management education and compression garment fitting. The goal is to improve body image, increase use of the affected extremity, and teach long-term management of this condition.
- Occupational Therapy - Treatment focuses on improving physical or neurological impairments by increasing range of motion, strength and flexibility. The goal is to help you gain the highest level of independence in daily tasks at home and at work. Therapies include those for:
- Hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder injuries
- Repetitive injury - Carpal tunnel and deQuervain's syndrome
- Neurological disorders, including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and brain injury
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Adaptations for work, home and leisure activities
- Ergonomic assessment and injury prevention
- Speech Pathology - Treatment includes evaluation and rehabilitation of swallowing disorders and speech, language and cognitive disorders. The goal is to help you achieve maximum communication or swallowing function. Evaluation and treatment include those for:
- Swallowing difficulties. Videofluoroscopic swallow evaluations are available, if needed
- Slurred speech and difficulty pronouncing words
- Difficulty in comprehending speech
- Difficulty in word-finding or inability to speak
- Cognitive/thinking deficits including difficulty with reasoning, problem solving, attention, judgment and/or processing
- Voice disorders, including chronic hoarseness and vocal nodules