Free support group sessions will be held the second Tuesday of every month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Centennial Conference Center B on the 7th floor of Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center. Laura Buenrosto, R.N., Ph.D., clinical liaison for bariatric patients, will conduct the sessions.
Registration is requested by calling Laura Buenrosto, R.N., at VIP RHC THIN (847-742-8446).
Free parking is available in the parking garage on Addison across the street from the hospital.
Topics for 2011 sessions are as follows:
- July 12 - Commitment to lifestyle changes; Midlife changes
- Aug. 9 - Self-nurturing: taking care of yourself; Stress management and support systems
- Sept. 13 - Fall fitness
- Oct. 11 - OB/Gyn health enhancement; Bra-fitting and clothing exchange
- Nov. 8 - Portion control; Bariatric food pyramid; Becoming a 'normal' eater
- Dec. 13 - Bari-Ball: Holiday party