Facts and Informatio
Major services include:
- Cardiac Services
- Comprehensive Laboratory
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Medicine and Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Endoscopy Lab
- Surgery and Same Day Surgery
Specialty services include:
- Balance and Vestibular Center
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Center for Bloodless Medicine
- Community Health & Education Services
- Diabetes Self-Management Education
- Hand and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pacemaker/Cardiac Device Clinic
- Pain Management Clinic
- Specialty Clinics
- Wound Care Clinic
Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center includes:
- 264 licensed beds
- 1,100+ employees
- 300+ practicing physicians
- 40+ specialties
- More than 35 physicians speak Spanish and represent over 20 specialties
- More than 30 physicians speak Polish and represent more than 10 specialties
A Typical Year at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center:
- 11,000+ inpatients receive care
- 38,000+ people seen in the Emergency Department
- 1,800+ inpatient surgical procedures are performed
- 1,700+ outpatient surgical procedures are performed
As a good neighbor, Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center joins with other community partners to care for the well-being of our area residents. These shared partnerships include:
- Providing work experience for cognitively delayed students in a joint work-study arrangement with Vaughn Occupational High School whereby students develop on-the-job employment skills, under supervision, while working at the hospital.
- Helping to train today's students to be tomorrow's health care givers as nursing students from Truman, North Park and Wright colleges and Saint Francis School of Radiography students gain clinical experience at OLR under the direction of instructors.
- Co-sponsoring an autumn "Fall into Fitness 5K Run/Walk" with 38th Ward Alderman Tom Allen to promote health awareness and community camaraderie. Held in neighborhood Portage Park, the event draws participants from the city and suburbs.
- Partnerships with LifeSource in sponsoring blood drives throughout the year and with Mather Life Ways in holding lectures that educate about aging well.
- Providing meeting rooms for local organizations, including the: Northwest Epilepsy Support Group, Arthritis Foundation, Weight Watchers, Overeaters Anonymous, Families Anonymous, and Alcoholics Anonymous.
Services Available to Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center as a Part of Resurrection Health Care:
- 10 Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers with 1,786 beds
- 4 Retirement Communities with 1,183 beds
- 4 Child Care Centers
- A Home Health Company
- A Behavioral Health Network
- An Outpatient Surgery Center
- Dozens of Outpatient Facilities
Nurse Staffing Information
Requests from families or patients regarding nurse staffing information are welcome; please contact the Nursing Administration Department at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center at 773-282-7000 and they will be glad to assist you.