Deeply connected to its community, Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center has been providing health care to residents of Chicago's northwest side since 1955. An intensive care unit opened for medical/surgical patients in 1969, one of the first on the northwest side, and the first of its kind in the nation opened in 1987 with the debut of a nonblood medical management center at the hospital.
The hospital was formed as a not-for-profit facility in 1968. In 1986, the name was changed from Northwest Hospital to John F. Kennedy Medical Center.
In 1988, the hospital became a part of Resurrection Health Care and on August 25 of that year the hospital's name was changed to Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center.
Over the years, Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center has evolved from a single-story, 33-bed community hospital to a block-long medical/surgical campus featuring a 264-licensed bed main building with a nearby professional office building, a convenient radiology center and an extensive outpatient services center.
Not only has Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center grown dramatically since its inception, it also has responded to the changing health needs of the community and provides accessible, convenient, community-based services in one location.