About Our Chicago Drug Treatment Center
Conveniently located in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood, the Harborview Recovery Center provides a full range of treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Located within Saint Joseph Hospital, Harborview Recovery Center is a 15-bed inpatient residential unit that provides 24-hour care and treatment for patients with alcohol and drug addiction.
We offer both inpatient and outpatient care that can help you and your loved ones through every stage of addiction recovery - from the initial detox process to the ongoing support in the community needed to keep you sober from drugs or alcohol.
Help for Drug Addiction
Chicago's Harborview Recovery Center Promotes Healing as a Way of Life
Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious cause of health disorders in the United States. Last year, 22 million Americans age 12 and older needed treatment for an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Of these, only 3.8 million people received the care they needed.
Here at the Harborview Recovery Center, we have an expert multidisciplinary team of drug and alcohol treatment specialists that will you in your recovery. They are committed to creating a safe, supportive environment in which you can find the courage to heal from your addiction.
Philosophy of Care
- We believe that drug and alcohol addiction is a disease that affects the whole person - mind, body and spirit. We treat primary addiction illness(es); additional psychiatric illness should be considered secondary or in remission at time of treatment.
- We believe the longer patients stay engaged in treatment for their drug or alcohol addiction (that varies with intensity based on individual need), the better the outcome.
- The drug treatment and recovery care we provide should be individualized to best meet the distinct needs of each and every patient.
- We strive to successfully manage patient safety and risks at all levels of care and in all our drug and alcohol treatment programs.
- We assist patients in integrating self-help approaches (such as Alcoholics Anonymous) into their treatment in order to promote long term recovery.
- We are constantly seeking opportunities to improve the care we deliver by training our staff in current evidence based treatment approaches and new medical advances.
- We adhere to the American Society of Addiction Medicine Patient Placement Criteria to maximize both the quality and cost effectiveness of care.
Our overall goal with each patient is to keep them engaged in their addiction treatment through activities that support recovery, including aftercare, sober living residences, self-help, outside individual counseling, exercise programs, among others. We move patients as seamlessly as possible through less restrictive levels of care as they progress, and will adjust the treatment plan as needed.
For more information about drug or alcohol rehab at the Harborview Recovery Center, please call our Chicago treatment center anytime at 773-665-3371 or send us a message.
Need treatment for your drug or alcohol addiction? Request an appointment, and one of our drug addiction rehab professionals will contact you within 24 hours.