Holy Family Medical Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Holy Family Medical Center has acquired the Siemens E-cam Signature, a state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging system. The new system is ideal for the early detection and staging of cancer, heart disease, and other hard-to-diagnose disorders.
This innovative system performs a variety of single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) imaging tasks. Its high definition digital detectors offer unsurpassed imaging performance and expanded clinical capabilities. Its open gantry design and ultra thin pallet enhance patient comfort and enable technicians to perform highly accurate organ and tissue-specific studies while accommodating stretcher, wheelchair or ambulatory patients of all sizes and body types.
Seeing is knowing
Today's medical imaging technologies have had a significant impact on both the diagnosis of disease and the assessment of a patient’s response to treatment. Advances in medical imaging equipment, software and procedures now provide physicians with the means to treat patients more effectively and with greater precision.
At Holy Family Medical Center, medical imaging has gone beyond the ability to provide a static picture of the body, to systems that can now provide a more dynamic view inside the body. For example, our LightSpeed16 CT scanner within seconds provides multiple wafer thin images for exceptional clarity and a more accurate diagnosis. Our Sequoia ultrasound system uses an advanced matched response system to measure and adapt in real time to specific body characteristics for enhanced image quality.
The Medical Imaging Department is focused on providing all services with speed and convenience. Consider the following benefits:
- Fast scheduling - In many cases we can provide same or next day appointments to accommodate your schedule.
- Quick results - The results of your exam can be delivered to your physician within 24 hours. Results can also be forwarded immediately with a physician request. Results are also available to your physician on a convenient compact disc if requested.
- Streamlined registration - One number is all you need to remember to schedule CT, MRI, ultrasound or other tests. Simply call Outpatient Central Scheduling at 847-813-3273.
- Easy access - Unlike other facilities, there is ample and nearby parking available at Holy Family Medical Center. This makes getting your test completed much easier and saves you valuable time.
- Comfortable, private waiting areas - All of our waiting areas have been remodeled and updated for your utmost privacy and comfort.
- Transportation - We can provide low cost round-trip transportation. Our Care-A-Van service offers door-to-door service for outpatient services at the hospital or physician office visits on our campus. Just call 847-297-1800, ext. 2626 to schedule your appointment.
To learn more about the Medical Imaging Department at Holy Family Medical Center, call 847-297-1800, ext. 1919. To make an appointment, call 847-813-3273.