Keys to Recovery - Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment
Holy Family Medical Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
About the "Keys to Recovery" Alcoholism and Drug Treatment Center
"Keys to Recovery" is a leading Alcoholism and Drug Treatment Center serving the Chicagoland area. For those struggling with addiction, we've provided innovative and effective Alcoholism and Drug Treatment since 1991.
Keys to Recovery treats the following addictions:
- Prescription pain medication
- "Bath Salts"
Our belief is that everyone can enjoy a drug, alcohol and gambling free lifestyle. Life is more rewarding when you face your difficulties free of mood altering substances. Our staff understands how isolating substance abuse and addiction can be. We work with our patients to bridge the gap between addiction and recovery. We also recognize that chemical dependency is a disease that has no respect for age, sex, race or other biological, psychological or social factors. We are very aware that the untreated person can suffer from psychological, physical, social and spiritual deterioration, and it will severely damage a family, a career or threaten a life. Our staff consists of experienced professionals who provide confidential treatment in a relaxed and safe environment.
Our approach to rehab is holistic, designed to recognize and treat each individual's physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs. We understand and treat each individual with their own treatment goals and varying levels of care. All levels of care are based on a belief in the individual's capacity to change and right to be treated with respect and dignity.
The Steps Towards Recovery
Step 1 - Assessment
Assessment is the initial and most critical part of any drug treatment or addiction treatment process because each individual is unique. Intervention and appropriate treatment are based upon this initial assessment. The assessment process may include the physician, nursing staff, psychologist, social worker or other team members. A specific treatment recommendation will then be made.
Step 2 - Medical Detoxification
All detoxifications are backed by medical and diagnostic services to ensure the best outcome. Our clinical staff is trained in addiction services and is with each patient through every step of the detox process which usually takes 3-5 days. Detoxification will generally take place on an inpatient basis, but under certain circumstances it can be done on an outpatient basis.
Step 3 - Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation is necessary and indicated in many individual cases and begins as soon as the patient is medically stable. Patients participate in all aspects of the program, while at the same time their continued medical needs are being addressed.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) - PHP is an intensive full-day treatment program that provides group, individual and family counseling as well as educational services in a highly structured treatment environment. This program allows patients to stay overnight in a safe hospital residential setting. This program is designed for a 7-10 day stay.
- Residential Services - Residential Services is a specially designed 21 to 28 day program. It is designed to create an intensive learning experience of a new lifestyle that substitutes healthy relationships for drugs and alcohol. The goal is to provide patients with the tools to leave the program and return to everyday life and maintain their sobriety. This program allows the patient to stay overnight in a safe hospital residential setting.
- Compulsive Gambling Services - Keys to Recovery has a specially trained, certified counseling staff dedicated to the treatment of gambling addiction. The program offers individual and group treatment to help individuals understand and accept that compulsive gambling is an illness that dramatically impacts their life creating financial, marital and legal problems. The goal is to provide individuals with the tools needed to lead a healthy life style free from their gambling addiction.
- Where You Will Stay - Our facilities include:
- Clean and comfortable bedrooms
- 43 beds
- Medical inpatient rooms are equipped to give state-of-the art medical care
- Dining Room
- Recreational facilities are available
- Take a photo tour of our facilities
Step 4 - Outpatient Rehabilitation
Discharge Planning - Discharge planning will be done prior to leaving the hospital. Patients are referred to appropriate community based aftercare programs; including halfway houses and recovery homes if necessary. The goal is to insure that patients have enough support to maintain their sobriety while functioning in the community. Various levels of outpatient drug treatment and addiction treatment are available, depending upon the individual's needs, including:
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) - Intensive outpatient treatment is available with both a day and an evening outpatient program. This program includes five days a week and three evenings per week, which allows the individual to continue working and living at home while receiving treatment.
- Continuing Care/Aftercare - "Keys to Recovery" recognizes that recovery from substance abuse is a process that happens over time. Transitioning back into work and home life is supported through our weekly Aftercare group in the evening, with the flexibility of offering Aftercare services other times of the week. These 12-Step meetings are offered to individuals at a nominal fee when they successfully complete treatment here.
All patients will receive extensive psychological services, if necessary, which can include:
- Complete Psychological testing
- Quantified Electroencephalogram (QEEG)
Consulting services are also available for human resource, employee assistance programs and other business professionals.
For more information, or to make a referral, please call 847-298-9355 (24 hours).