Holy Family Medical Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Holy Family Medical Center’s Care-A-Van transportation service can help you get to and from your non-emergency medical appointments quickly and easily. Thousands of Care-A-Van rides are scheduled each year by both ambulatory and wheelchair patients for safe, comfortable service to and from Holy Family Medical Center and physician offices located in either of the adjoining medical office buildings.
Using Care-A-Van is easy. Care-A-Van offers a flexible schedule, Monday through Friday, to meet our patients’ needs. To schedule your Care-A-Van appointment, simply call 847-297-1800, extension 2626, between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please have the following information available when you call:
- The patient’s name, address and phone number
- The appointment date, time and location
- Whether or not the patient is ambulatory
On the day of your appointment, we ask that you be ready to depart when the Care-A-Van arrives, to ensure that you arrive for your appointment on time.
The Care-A-Van schedule fills up quickly. We ask that you provide as much advance notice as possible, preferably 72 hours.We will make every attempt to schedule all rides and will do so in the order in which requests are made.
- For a $5 fee Care-A-Van serves the area between Dundee Road to the north, Waukegan Road/Harlem Avenue on the east, Lawrence Avenue on the south and Route 53 on the west.
- For a $10 fee Care-A-Van serves the area between Lake- Cook Road to the north, Western Avenue/Sheridan Avenue on the east, Irving Park Road on the south and Roselle Road on the west.
Care-A-Van attendants can assist most patients from their home into the Care-A-Van. Please call for more information about our attendants’ abilities to assist with individual needs.
Fees for companions traveling with patients may vary. Call for more details about these fees.
To learn more about the Care-A-Van transportation service or to schedule an appointment, please call 847-297-1800, extension 2626.