Holy Family Medical Center
Women's Imaging Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
The Women's Imaging Center at Holy Family Medical Center offers the perfect combination of advanced technology, convenience, personal care and attention.
Consider the benefits of selecting Holy Family for your imaging needs:
- New, all digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection)
- On-site dedicated board-certified radiologists
- Nurse Navigator
- Easy scheduling with same and next day appointments, early morning, evening and weekend hours
- Prompt results and follow-up information for patients who receive diagnostic mammograms
- Additional services, such as bone density scans, ultrasound and more
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Transportation to and from appointments with our Care-A-Van service (call 847-297-1800, ext. 2626 for more information)
Women's Imaging Center services include:
- All Digital Mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection) is used on patients experiencing breast problems, like a lump or nipple discharge, to create immediate images and manipulate them for better evaluation.
- Screening and Diagnostic Mammography is a preventative test used to identify abnormalities. The mammography unit in the Women's Imaging Center offer the latest in mammogram technology.
- Breast Ultrasounds deliver superb image quality with uniformity and high resolution to enhance detection and aid in diagnosis.
- Ultrasound Guided Automated Vacuum Assisted Biopsy is a less invasive procedure that can help make a highly accurate diagnosis of a breast abnormality without the need for an open surgery.
- Stereotactic Core Breast Biopsy, when needed, is an accurate, minimally invasive procedure to extract questionable tissue. Using X-rays, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. More accurate and less costly than traditional techniques, stereotactic core breast biopsy requires only a local anesthetic.
- Breast MRI with CAD uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create a composite, 3-D image of the breast to provide detailed images of hard to detect areas. Breast MRI is more commonly used in addition to a mammogram or other breast-imaging test.
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) is a diagnostic procedure used to investigate superficial lumps or masses, as well as drain cysts located in the breasts.
- Bone Mineral Density Test (BMD) is an accurate, painless, non-invasive test to diagnose osteoporosis and determine risk of fracture. Dexa scanning of the spine and hip are used to screen and monitor for osteoporosis.
The No-Excuse Digital Mammogram
Offering walk-in mammograms Mondays through Saturdays – and you don’t even need a physician order. Appointments are also accepted if that is your preference.
Presence Holy Family Medical Center offers the most advanced technology in digital mammography and is the first imaging center in northwest Chicago and the surrounding suburbs to welcome walk-ins for a screening mammogram without a physician order. There’s no more waiting weeks or even months like at some diagnostic imaging centers. Remember there needs to be 12 months between each screening mammogram.
We’re open 6 days a week
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Saturday: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Evening appointments are available by calling 847-813-3273
For all appointments, call 847-813-3273.
Why choose our Center?
- Featuring a spa atmosphere with tranquil music, heated robes and a patient resource center
- Recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Results within 24 hours of a screening mammogram
- If further testing is needed, an experienced nurse navigator will guide you through the entire process.
We put our patient’s needs first and strive to exceed expectations. In addition to screening
mammograms, we offer:
- diagnostic mammograms
- breast ultrasound
- breast MRI
- ultrasound-guided core needle biopsy and stereotactic core biopsy
- bone mineral density test
For more information, call 847-813-3200.