Resurrection Medical Center
7447 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Resurrection Health Care offers a wide variety of educational programs, health screenings, support groups and other services for people of all ages. Programs take place regularly on fitness and weight management, CPR and first aid, smoking cessation, childbirth preparation and many other timely health topics. Please browse through our current online Wellness Classes calendar.
Good food, healthy attitude and quality exercise are the building blocks of a fit and active lifestyle. Cultivating healthy habits can help you stay well throughout your entire life. Check the following wellness programs offered through Resurrection Health Care.
Diabetes. High blood pressure. High cholesterol. These are just some of the risks of an unhealthy diet. Our registered dietitians work with your physician in order to overcome or avoid these and other diagnosed medical conditions. They provide individualized menu planning and follow-up support tailored to meet your lifestyle needs. A range of classes and services - which do not require a prescription - is also available to help you learn how to eat right, read nutrition labels and prepare nutritious meals. Some of these services may be covered by your insurance; consult your doctor to determine medical necessity. To learn more about our nutrition counseling services and classes, or to schedule an appointment, call 773-792-5556.
Staying physically active helps you feel your best. Resurrection Health Care's fitness program includes a variety of aerobics classes and high-energy walking workouts to get you moving on land or in water.
- Splash aerobics - Take the plunge! Water aerobics is an exciting and fun alternative exercise - a challenging workout that enhances cardiovascular fitness and muscle tone with minimal stress on bones and joints. This workout is an excellent way to improve your cardiovascular fitness in a safe, low-impact environment.
- Step aerobics - Step up to the challenge with step aerobics. This high-energy, low-impact workout focuses on upper body and abdominal toning, and ends with a soothing cool down and stretch.
- Any Body's Walking Workout - People of all ages get moving with this motivating walking routine.
- Senior FLEX Ability - This program is great for less-active seniors and those with arthritis. Learn proper stretching techniques and exercises that improve flexibility and reduce joint stiffness.
For more information about these programs, or to receive a complete program listing, call 773-792-5022.
It's time to do something about those extra pounds you've been carrying around. Our weight management program can help you establish and maintain a sensible diet through a variety of programs, including one-on-one weight loss counseling, the Take Shape program, How to Eat classes, and exercise. Whether you sign up for a weight management class or work individually with our registered dietitians, we can help you reach your goals. For more information regarding weight management services and classes, call 773-792-5022.
Are you still smoking? Quitting is one of the best - and perhaps most difficult - ways to improve your health. RHC's smoking cessation program can help you do it. Join us, and discover the pleasures of being a non-smoker. Call 877-RES-INFO (737-4636) for a class schedule.
Therapeutic clinical massage can help relieve headache, neck and back pain, tendenitis and the pain associated with TMJ, sports injuries and many other conditions. Our licensed and certified massage therapists will formulate a custom-tailored plan to meet your needs. In some cases, massage therapy is covered by insurance. Consult your doctor to determine medical necessity.
Our licensed and certified massage therapists draw on a treatment plan from several techniques:
- Myofascial therapy - This delicate, gentle massage is especially suited for patients experiencing chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Neuromuscular therapy - Excellent for relief of chronic and acute pain, this approach focuses on the relationship between the nervous and musculo-skeletal systems
- Structural/deep tissue massage - Slow strokes and pressure are directed across muscle grain with fingers, thumbs or elbows to relieve chronic muscle tension
- Swedish/stress reduction - Kneading and friction techniques are combined with active and passive joint movement, promoting general relaxation
To schedule a massage therapy appointment, call 773-774-8000, ext. 5600.
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
At Saint Joseph Hospital, over 200 free and discounted community health and education programs are offered each year.
- Classes/Lectures - Childbirth Preparation, Healthy Heart programs, Healthy Cooking, Preventing Lower Back Pain and more.
- Screenings - Blood pressure, skin, foot, cholesterol, flexibility and others.
- Support Groups - Cancer Support Group, Diabetes Support Group, Mom Network Support Group for new mothers and Ovarian Cancer Support Group.
To learn more about current screenings and classes at Saint Joseph Hospital, visit Wellness Classes/Screenings.