Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Our team of experienced pediatricians and family practitioners provide children with high quality care in a warm, loving environment. We offer a wide range of care that covers everything from routine immunizations to treatment for common childhood illnesses.
Emergency Care, Special focus on children
For parent with children, Medical Center emergency room doctors provide the latest diagnosis and treatment for pediatric fever, asthma. and trauma. Our nurses are educated in the care of and we have pediatricians available on site at all times to assist with seriously ill youngsters.
Inpatient Pediatric Care
The Saint Mary Campus provides thirteen private rooms for Pediatric patients. Located on the hospital's 12th floor, the unit also houses a Pediatric playroom, and a Pediatric examination and pretesting room for Pediatric Ambulatory Surgery patients. Pediatric staff provides patient care to children from infancy through adolescence. Pediatric patients requiring intensive care are transferred to nearby hospitals with a Pediatric intensive Care Unit and are transported by a Pediatric Transport Team.
Resurrection Medical Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
Doctors focused on your child
As a parent, you want a pediatrician or family practitioner who is experienced, caring, and professional - one who knows how to make you and your child feel comfortable. Most of all, you want someone you can trust.
The experienced pediatricians and family practitioners at Resurrection Medical Center provide comprehensive pediatric primary care for newborns through adolescents – covering:
- Primary care/Well child care
- Emergency care
- Urgent care at our Immediate Care Centers
- Nurse advice
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Speech/language pathology
- Sports medicine
- Childhood illnesses
- Health screenings
Pediatrician offices are conveniently located in Resurrection Medical Center’s Professional Building and in the nearby community. In addition, pediatric care is available at the Family Practice Center, located in the Resurrection Medical Center’s Professional Building.
To get a physician referral, please call 877-RES-INFO (877-737-4636). Or, you can search online for a pediatrician.
Inpatient Pediatric Care Unit
When an overnight hospital stay is necessary, children are admitted to the Rain Forest Pediatric Care Unit, the inpatient pediatric floor at Resurrection Medical Center. Featuring bright colors, friendly animal tiles and child-sized furniture throughout, this comforting environment helps keep young patients calm and happy during their stay. Parents are always welcome to stay by their child’s side overnight.
All nurses are specially trained in pediatric care and are pediatric advanced life support (PALS) certified. They understand how stressful a hospital stay can be and are committed to helping children and their families feel safe and comfortable.
We offer advanced technology, including our new VeinViewer®. With it, our staff has the ability to “see” even the smallest veins projecting the image right on top of the skin, greatly reducing the stress of IVs and blood draws for children.
Other Pediatric Services Offered
- Pediatric Emergency Care - Our highly trained pediatric emergency medical staff has what it takes to provide immediate emergency care for your child. Resurrection Medical Center is designated as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) by the State of Illinois.
- Immediate Care Centers - If your child needs urgent care for minor injuries and illnesses, you can also visit our neighborhood Immediate Care Centers, which offer walk-in medical care on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Sports Medicine Center - Our orthopedists and staff at the Sports Medicine Center offer sports physicals and a complete range of sports-related treatments and services. The Sports Medicine Center provides counseling on optimum nutrition, injury prevention, proper body mechanics, along with a customized training plan for your young athlete.
- Rehabilitation Network - Whether your child needs support for a speech/language delay, a developmental delay, or a hearing problem, Resurrection Medical Center’s pediatric therapists can help. Our licensed team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists and audiologists provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment for newborns, children and young adults through age 21.
Many of our pediatric therapists have special certifications or authorizations to provide services to children receiving funding from Illinois Early Intervention (EI) and Illinois Department of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC).
To schedule an appointment for pediatric outpatient therapy, call 773-792-5181.
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
Saint Joseph Hospital offers compassionate medical care for our youngest patients. We recognize that having a child who needs medical attention can be very stressful. That is why we strive to create an atmosphere that is warm and friendly for young patients and their families. We also recognize that children are not just small adults. Our experienced pediatricians and family practitioners provide specialized pediatric primary care: from back-to-school physicals and immunizations to treatment for falls and the common cold.
Neonataology services offer a wide range of prenatal and postnatal diagnostic tests and treatments as well as consultations from surgical and pediatric subspecialists.
The Emergency Department at Saint Joseph Hospital is approved for pediatrics, which means we are equipped and staffed to handle a wide range of pediatric emergencies.
Headache care for our youngest patients
If your child suffers from severe, debilitating headaches, we know it can cause panic and frustration – not just for the child, but for everyone in the family. When over-the-counter medications fail and your child’s pediatrician is out of answers, experts from the Diamond Headache Clinic and Inpatient Unit at Saint Joseph Hospital have the answer. They have a proven record of caring for thousands of children and teens from across the country and around the world.