Several of our hospitals have acquired the most advanced robotics available - the high definition da Vinci Surgical System. This revolutionary technology gives our surgeons an incredibly close-up 3-D view inside the body, and is designed to expand the surgeon's capabilities by translating hand movements into precise micro-movements of specialized instruments.
With robotics, even complex and delicate procedures can be performed through tiny incisions - for the first time offering a minimally invasive option for major surgery.
Procedures that can be performed through robotic surgery include:
- Prostate surgery, including prostatectomy
- Myomectomy (the removal of uterine fibroids)
- Gastric bypass
Benefits for patients include:
- Shorter hospital stays
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
This service is available at:
- Resurrection Medical Center - Chicago
- Saint Francis Hospital - Evanston
- Saint Joseph Hospital - Chicago