Learning a new lifestyle
If you or someone you care about has been recently diagnosed with diabetes, you're not alone. According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 16 million men, women and children in the United States have diabetes -- and another person is diagnosed with the disease every minute of the day.
With education and some important lifestyle changes, diabetes can be successfully managed. Our Diabetes Self-Management Programs provide the knowledge, skills and emotional support you'll need to build your new lifestyle.
This service is offered at:
- Resurrection Medical Center - Chicago
- Saint Francis Hospital - Evanston
- Saint Joseph Hospital - Chicago
- Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center - Chicago
Registration and Referral
You will need a physician's referral to access RHC diabetes services. Your doctor need not be on the hospital staff. If you prefer, the program's clinical nurse specialist will contact your physician to secure the referral.
- At Resurrection Medical Center, contact the diabetes clinical nurse specialist at 773-792-9755, to schedule an appointment. For nutritional counseling only, contact the Central Registration Department at 773-792-5556.
- At Saint Joseph Hospital, contact the Diabetes Education Program at 773-665-6700 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- At Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, you can arrange for outpatient pre-registration and receive information at 312-770-3455.