Centers of Excellence
Part of our commitment at Resurrection Health Care is to anticipate community need and take action to meet that need. That commitment is demonstrated in our centers of excellence -- eight service areas in which we have dedicated significant resources to maintain the most advanced medical technology and leadership.
- Bariatrics — Led by board-certified physicians with specialized training in bariatric surgery, Resurrection Health Care's Bariatric Surgery programs provide morbidly obese patients with a comprehensive approach to weight loss and weight management. Surgical options include Laparoscopic Gastric Band (LAP-BAND) and both open and Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. Additional services to help make each patient's weight loss a permanent success include weight management courses, support groups, nutrition counseling, psychological evaluations, behavioral counseling, and dedicated patient weight loss coordinators.
- Behavioral Health Services — Resurrection Health Care's network maintains a wide range of programs that provide solutions for people experiencing emotional or behavioral problems. Our licensed psychologists, social workers and therapists offer extensive inpatient and outpatient therapy programs for individuals, groups, families and couples. Special services include addiction treatment, stress management, career counseling and vocational assessment.
- Cardiac Care — Resurrection Health Care's cardiac care programs use the latest technology for comprehensive cardiac care from diagnosis and prevention through treatment and rehabilitation. Our health care network performs over 1,200 open-heart surgeries, and over 11,000 cardiac catheterizations and angioplasty procedures each year. In addition, we offer special services such as pediatric cardiac care, a pacemaker clinic and the Chest Pain Emergency Center.
- Cancer Care — Resurrection Health Care's oncology program ranks among the top Illinois providers of cancer care. We offer comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and support services and provide education and counseling to our communities. We also advance cancer care, improve outcomes and give patients access to new treatments by participating in nationwide clinical trials. In addition, RHC is a major provider of hospice care.
- Emergency Care — Resurrection Health Care treats over 200,000 emergency patients a year in our eight state-of-the-art treatment facilities. Our departments are staffed by board-certified or board-eligible emergency physicians, highly trained emergency nurses and trauma nurse specialists. Centralized monitoring systems, individual treatment rooms, specially equipped areas for cardiac, pediatric, obstetric and infectious disease patients and waiting areas designed for comfort and privacy help ensure quality care.
- Home Health — Resurrection Health Care operates one of the largest home health care systems in Illinois. Services include private duty nursing, wound care, infusion therapy, geriatric care, rehabilitative therapies and homemaker services. Home health staff collaborate to create a personal plan for each patient. To ensure peace of mind, a registered nurse is available to home care patients by phone seven days a week.
- Orthopedics and Rehabilitation — More Chicagoland patients receive rehabilitation at Resurrection facilities than at any other rehabilitation network in the city. Resurrection Health Care offers a full continuum of rehabilitation services including inpatient, subacute, outpatient, day and in-home options.
- Senior Services — Resurrection Health Care helps seniors achieve and maintain healthy, fulfilling lifestyles. In the Chicago area we maintain ten long-term care facilities offering skilled nursing, intermediate care and Alzheimer's support. Comprehensive rehabilitation therapy is an integral service in each of these centers. Other programs supporting seniors include Medi-Ride transportation, Healthy Aging and ResCare 65 insurance counseling.
- Stroke — All seven of Resurrection's acute care hospitals are certified primary stroke centers, which means Chicagoland residents have access to consistent, high-quality stroke care nearby. Primary Stroke Centers use evidence-based protocols to prevent, diagnose and treat patients presenting with signs/symptoms of an acute stroke efficiently and effectively. Resurrection's hospitals also offer access to a wide range of physician specialists and the most advanced treatments, including clot-busting medications and neurointerventional procedures.
- Family Birthplace
For more information on any of these services, please call 877-RES-INFO (737-4636).