Presence St. Mary's Heart & Vascular Centers
1710 W. Court Street
Kankakee, IL 60901
Maps & Directions
100 Provena Way, Suite C
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Maps & Directions
To request an appointment with one of our heart and vascular experts, call 877.737.4636 (INFO) or fill out our quick form.
At the Presence St. Mary’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Center, we use the latest technologies and treatments to take care of your heart.
Our experienced team is committed to serving you with compassionate, high quality care. That’s one reason we have been ranked as one of the best hospitals in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report and among the top 15 percent of hospitals in the region.
Why Choose Us?
We provide comprehensive heart and vascular care for every stage of your heart’s health, starting with prevention and health screenings and carrying on through cardiac rehab after treatment.
Our Heart and Vascular Center also features:
- High patient safety honors: We earned an “A” grade in hospital safety from Leapfrog, the nation’s leading experts on patient safety. The top grade reflects how well we protect our patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections.
- Dedication to advanced treatments: We were among the first hospitals in the region to implant the Boston Scientific S-ICD® System, the world’s first and only subcutaneous implantable defibrillator. More advanced traditional defibrillators, than the S-ICD System protects patients from sudden cardiac arrest without touching the heart.
- Advanced ICU for critically ill patients: Our intensive care units (ICUs) are enhanced with eICU technology, which allows our expert specialists to monitor patients remotely 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have one of just 43 eICUs programs in the United States.
- The latest cardiac cath lab technology: Our enhanced cardiac cath lab suite features electrophysiology (heart rhythm) services, 3D mapping capabilities and the innovative Siemens Artis zee, an industry-leading diagnostic tool that images the arteries using digital flat panel technology.
- Nationally acclaimed emergency heart care: We are one of just 94 hospitals nationwide to earn a Silver Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation for our excellent outcomes for heart attack patients.
- Expert stroke care: We earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalTM from the Joint Commission for Advanced Primary Stroke Centers. This certification distinguishes us as an expert provider of emergency stroke care.
- Experienced, compassionate specialists and nursing staff: Our experienced heart and vascular physicians are board certification and have advanced fellowship training in their specialties. All of our dedicated cardiovascular nurses have specialized education and training in every aspect of cardiovascular disease and treatment, and all of our echocardiogram technicians are certified.
Full Range of Cardiovascular Services
Our advanced heart and vascular services include some of the most advanced technologies available today:
- Diagnostic imaging: Cardiac CT, peripheral ultrasound, echocardiograms (echos), electrocardiograms (EKGs) and nuclear imaging.
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Arrhythmia care in our Electrophysiology Lab.
- Vascular care, including:
- Diamondback 360TM Orbital Atherectomy System: In cases of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), the Orbital system removes build-ups of calcified plaque from blood vessels.
- CROSSER® Catheter system: Treats chronic total occlusions (CTOs) — blockages in arteries — by tunneling through those found in the heart or legs. Studies show that the catheter has an 80 percent success rate in restoring blood flow and zero risk of damaging artery walls.
- Cardiac rehab.
Learn more about all of our heart and vascular care at Presence Health hospitals.
Meet our Cardiologists