At the Center for Cancer and Specialty Care at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, we provide award-winning, comprehensive cancer treatment with advanced technology, experienced oncologists, multilingual staff and nationally accredited services.
Members of our multidisciplinary team work together to treat a broad range of cancers. Together, they discuss your individual needs to recommend evidence-based, personalized care. This approach puts you and your loved ones first, so you can feel confident you’re getting the best quality treatment in the fight against cancer.
Why Choose our Cancer Care?
Our highly accredited community cancer program and expert team of physicians, nurses and staff provide you with advanced treatments that offer shorter hospital stays, fewer side effects, faster recovery and a better quality of life.
Cancer program highlights include:
- Nationally accredited programs: We are proud to hold accreditation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, as designated by the American College of Radiology, accreditation as a Community Cancer Program with commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and medical center accreditation by The Joint Commission.
- Highly experienced providers: Our physicians and nurses have more than 100 combined years of cancer-related experience, with additional training beyond their board certifications. Our physician team members include: gynecological oncologists, hematologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists.
- Advanced treatments: We offer robotic surgery, the latest imaging technology and minimally invasive biopsy procedures, as well as advanced radiation therapy and chemo treatments.
- Team approach to care: Your team will involve physicians in several cancer specialties. Depending on your individual need, it may also include support from our skilled nutritionists, social workers, cancer patient navigator, cancer rehabilitation therapists, home care nurses, financial counselors, pain management experts, hospice/palliative care and pastoral care providers. Additionally, our cancer patient navigator is a family nurse practitioner, certified as an Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP). Learn more about our cancer support services.
- Multiethnic, multilingual care: Our staff reflects the diversity of our patients. We offer services in languages that include Polish, Spanish and Ukrainian.
- Community Outreach: We recognize the importance of preventing cancers given the projected 18 percent increase in cancer diagnoses in our local communities over the next decade. Our numerous outreach programs include cancer education and detection of risk, based on evidence collected and recommended by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute. Additionally, we serve as a lead agency for the Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program.
Full Range of Cancer Services
Our cancer services are comprehensive, designed to address your unique diagnosis with a high level of personalized attention. Specialties include:
- Advanced cancer imaging/diagnostic services: Includes an on-site linear accelerator, PET/CT scan, MRI, digital mammography and screening programs for breast, lung and colon cancer.
- Advanced cancer treatment: Includes board-certified physicians for all tumor sites, on-site chemotherapy, hormone therapy, surgery and radiation therapies.
- Breast cancer care: Includes advanced imaging technology, digital mammograms, specially trained breast cancer physicians, female surgeons, support groups and collaborations with the American Cancer Society (including free beauty services through our Look Good Feel Good program).
- Lung cancer care: Includes affordable low-dose CT scanning, smoking cessation programs and emerging treatments such as radiofrequency ablation and cryotherapy.
- Colon cancer care: Includes minimally invasive, robotic IMRT surgery.
- Prostate cancer care: Includes seed implantation and brachytherapy, as well as robotic IMRT surgery.
- Bladder cancer care: Includes comprehensive diagnosis and treatment.
- Rehabilitation and survivorship programs: Includes a specialized lymphedema therapist, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapy and home care, an annual mass for all cancer survivors, support groups and the development of survivorship plans for all patients.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center is conveniently located at:
2233 West Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 312.633.5907.
2018 Cancer Report
Satellite Infusion Center at Community First Medical Center
Our experienced team of professionals, led by our board-certified physicians and multidisciplinary care team, provides individualized chemotherapy and infusion services, including:
- IV antibiotics for an infection
- Pain management
- IV hydration therapy
Our infusion area offers comfortable recliners, televisions, reading materials and refreshments. Hopefully, these amenities will help your treatment time go by quickly.
Easy to schedule. Easy to find. Easy to park.
The Infusion Center is located at:
Community First Medical Center
Medical Office Building, Suite 204
5600 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60634
Free parking is available just north of the hospital in the adjacent parking structure. You may use the sky bridge to safely cross Addison Street. Hours are by appointment.