Presence Cancer Care, a department of Presence Mercy Medical Center, formerly known as Joliet Oncology-Hematology Associates, Ltd., is one of the largest freestanding cancer clinics in the nation. We proudly provide the Joliet, Shorewood and surrounding Will County area with award-winning cancer diagnosis, treatment and clinical trials and the highest level of patient-focused care.
When you come to us for cancer care, you receive the same advanced technology and treatment methods of academic medical centers, but in one convenient location close to home. Our experienced oncologists and nurses deliver the specialized expertise you can trust and the personalized attention you deserve.
Why Choose our Cancer Center?
We were among the first, and remain one of the few, cancer centers in Illinois to offer PET scan and TomoTherapy®, and continue to deliver leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options to our communities. Highlights include:
- Pioneering excellence in care: We were among the first in the state to receive The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) certification awarded by the American Society of Oncology, the premier body of Oncologists in America, for the highest quality of patient care and safety.
- One of the most active programs in Illinois: We are one of the top 50 largest cancer clinics in the country. We have treated nearly 40,000 cancer patients and see 5,000 new patients every year. That kind of volume means we have vast experience in treating all types of cancers and deliver excellent outcomes for our patients.
- One of the top tomography programs in the state: We were among the first in the state to offer tomography technology and are currently ranked among the top four tomography providers in Illinois.
- Leaders in oncology: Our oncologists include top-ranked Chicagoland practitioners at major medical centers and fellowship-trained specialists. Combined, they represent 150 years of experience taking care of cancer patients.
- Groundbreaking clinical research: We are one of the few cancer centers in Illinois approved to offer Phase One through Phase Four clinical trials, meaning we can give you greater access to life-saving developments in cancer research. Learn more about cancer clinical trials at Presence Health.
- Long-standing community ties: Our oncologists have been practicing in the Will-Grundy County area since 1981. Generations of families have trusted their cancer care to us and we continually strive to earn that trust.
- The area’s only second opinion clinic: If you need a second opinion on your cancer diagnosis, come to us and receive a written opinion and physician consultation within 24 hours.
- Immediate service: Meet with our oncologists within 48 hours or less of your referral. Some cancer centers can take weeks to accept new patients.
- Multidisciplinary approach: Our expert team of oncologists, surgeons and radiologists meet to discuss your case together. We invite you and your family into the discussion to make sure we explore every avenue for treatment, as well as your personal preferences.
Comprehensive Cancer Services
We’re committed to providing you the highest standard of excellence in cancer diagnosis and treatment. We offer comprehensive services for a broad range of cancers. Some of our specialties include:
- Advanced on-site cancer treatment: Includes TomoTherapy®, IMRT, IGRT, stereotactic radiotherapy, brachytherapy, PET/CT scans, high dose radiation (HDR) therapy, chemotherapy, 3D-CRT and radiopharmaceutical therapy.
- Breast cancer care: Includes female physicians, breast care specialists, breast nurse navigators, high dose radiation (HDR) therapy, advanced imaging technology, free beauty services through our Look Good Feel Good program, support groups and a boutique with prosthetics, wigs and other breast cancer recovery items.
- Lung cancer care: Includes comprehensive treatment.
- Prostate cancer care: Includes brachytherapy and minimally invasive procedures.
- Colon cancer care: Includes minimally invasive procedures.
- Genetic counseling: Provided on-site by a physician.
- Rehabilitation and survivorship: Includes lymphedema therapy, palliative care and seamless transitions to home care and continuous care.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Presence Cancer Care is conveniently located at:
2614 W Jefferson Street
Joliet, IL 60435
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 877.737.4636.
2015 Cancer Center Annual Report