Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
77 North Airlite Street
Elgin, IL 60123
Maps & Directions
To request an appointment with one of our heart and vascular experts, call 877.737.4636 (INFO) or fill out our quick form.
At Presence Saint Joseph Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute, we provide the area’s most advanced, comprehensive cardiovascular care.
Getting medical treatment shouldn’t be confusing or complicated. And staying close to home during treatment and recovery is beneficial for long-term wellness. That’s why it’s wise to consider innovative treatment options, expertise and care that are nearby and convenient. Especially since U.S. News & World Report has ranked us one of the best hospitals in the country three years in a row.
Why Choose Us
We consistently lead the Fox River Valley in innovations and therapies for heart and vascular conditions. The treatments we offer are on a par with what you’d expect from an academic medical center, yet we’re close to home, and we care for you in a compassionate, comfortable atmosphere.
These are some of the reasons to choose our award-winning cardiovascular care program:
- One of the best hospitals in the U.S.: For the third consecutive year, we are one of the nation’s best hospitals based on rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- The region’s only hybrid cardiac catheterization lab: Since opening one of the Chicago area’s first cath labs in the 1970s, we have continued to push care forward with the region’s only hybrid cath lab. This unique facility combines the capabilities of a cardiac catheterization lab and an advanced surgical suite.
- 100 years of open heart surgery experience: We have more than 100 years of combined experience in heart surgery procedures. Our team includes rigorously trained heart surgeons backed by a full complement of skilled professionals that include cardiologists, cardiac nurses, anesthesiologists and anesthetic nurses.
- Access to new heart and vascular treatments: Thanks to our catheterization lab’s success in carotid stenting, eligible patients can also participate in national studies exploring new, advanced stent technologies. Learn more about cardiovascular clinical trials at Presence Health.
- The latest treatments: We are the only hospital in Chicagoland treating peripheral artery disease (PAD) with the Ocelot catheter, a first of its kind device that can open arteries that are 100 percent blocked. In addition, we offer fluoroless ablation, a procedure to treat arrhythmias that eliminates radiation exposure. Clinical cardiac electrophysiologist Mansour Razminia, MD, of the Presence Medical Group has pioneered this technique and is a leading expert in the field.
- High patient safety and satisfaction scores: Our safety scores rank among the 20 best in the area according to Consumer Reports.
- Nationally recognized emergency heart and stroke care: We have the area’s only nationally accredited Chest Pain Center. Known for its rapid response to possible heart problems, it’s located in the hospital emergency department. Our expert stroke care has been honored with a Gold Seal of ApprovalTM from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
- First-of-its-kind heart failure program: As the first Shared Care site in Illinois, our Heart Failure Clinic offers heart failure and heart transplant patients the ongoing, highly specialized care they need close to home. Learn more about heart failure treatment at Presence Health.
- Women’s Heart Health Center: Our Women’s Heart Health Center offers expert consultations, preventative screenings and education in a comfortable, reassuring environment.
- Comprehensive vascular care: We offer the full range of vein and vascular services, including a specially designed peripheral artery disease (PAD) rehabilitation program and wound care in our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center.
- One-on-one medication support through our Anticoagulation Clinic: Our clinic staff helps you safely and conveniently manage your blood-thinning medications, lowering your risk of side effects and complications.
Full Range of Cardiovascular Services
Our comprehensive heart and vascular services feature the kind of technology that you can’t find anywhere else in the area. That means less travel and stress for you and those you love, so you can focus on healing your heart. Our comprehensive cardiovascular care includes these services:
- Heart Scan Plus screenings:
- Heart surgery: Includes off-pump and on-pump coronary bypass graft surgeries, heart valve replacements and pericardial windows (small incisions in the sac enclosing the heart).
- Arrhythmia care: In our Cardiac Arrhythmia Clinic, we offer the full range of heart rhythm tests and provide advanced treatments, including pacemakers and defibrillators, for irregular heartbeats.
- Cardiac catheterization: We have the area’s most advanced Cardiac Cath Lab for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular problems.
- Vascular care
- Cardiac and peripheral artery disease (PAD) rehabilitation: We offer a comprehensive, on-site, three-phase rehab program that provides custom treatment plans in a caring environment. Learn more about cardiac rehab at Presence Health.
- Women’s Heart Health Center
- Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Center
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Heart Failure Clinic
Learn more about all of our heart and vascular care at Presence Health hospitals.