At the Meadows Regional Cancer Care Center at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, we’re committed to maintaining our reputation as the Fox River Valley’s leading cancer center. We bring you the most experienced cancer specialists and the latest advances in the fight against cancer.
In our new 25,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility, you’ll find the Elgin and Hampshire area’s most comprehensive cancer care program, while remaining close to home and loved ones. Now you can receive the most advanced faith-based care in one serene center designed around you.
Why Choose our Cancer Center?
We offer the comprehensive, high-quality service you’d expect from an academic medical center, but with more personal attention in a compassionate, comfortable atmosphere.
The Meadows Regional Cancer Care Center offers several features you won’t find anywhere else in the region, including:
- The region’s most advanced cancer technology: We were the first Elgin-area hospital to offer 64-slice CT scanning, image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery for cancer diagnosis and treatment. In addition, we recently added the Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator to our suite of treatment options. This state-of-the-art technology allows us to precisely target cancer cells, while minimizing exposure to nearly healthy tissue.
- Nationally-recognized quality: We have earned a “Three-Year Reaccreditation with Commendation” Silver level from the Commission on Cancer. Three-Year with Commendation is conferred to programs that comply with all standards at the time of survey and receive a commendation rating for one or more standards. We received five commendations.
- State-of-the-art treatment options for prostate cancer: We are the only cancer center in the Fox River Valley to offer SpaceOAR®, a new tool proven to protect prostate cancer patients from the negative effects of radiation therapy.
- Comprehensive cancer rehabilitation and lymphedema therapy: Our full slate of cancer recovery services are not offered anywhere else in the area.
- Special amenities to improve your comfort: We designed our new cancer center for your comfort. It includes outdoor terraces to receive treatment, personal TVs, Wi-Fi access, healing gardens and a resource library for family members with education materials in Spanish and English.
- Top-rated providers: Our oncologists and staff are among the best in the area, providing the highest level of quality cancer treatment.
- Dedicated cancer support services: From the moment cancer is suspected, you’ll meet your dedicated nurse navigator who will guide you through your journey, from diagnosis to recovery, and connect you to a wide range of cancer support services.
Full Range of Cancer Services
Our services include all of the treatments and tools offered at other area hospitals, plus those available exclusively at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital. We offer:
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: Includes affordable digital mammograms, stereotactic breast biopsies, 64-slice CT scans, MRI, SPECT scans, bone scans and iodine total-body scans for thyroid cancer.
- Breast cancer services: Includes MRI-guided, ultrasound-guided and stereotactic biopsies, MammoSite® 5-day high dose radiation therapy (HDR) and free beauty services and consultations through our Look Good Feel Better program.
- Lung cancer services: Includes minimally invasive surgery, low-dose CT lung screening, support groups and smoking cessation programs.
- Prostate cancer services: Includes all avenues of treatment and a specialty in brachytherapy, as well as a popular men’s support group, led by one of our prostate cancer survivors. We also offer SpaceOAR®, a new tool proven to protect prostate cancer patients from the negative effects of radiation therapy.
- Colon cancer services: Includes minimally invasive surgery.
- Liver cancer services: Includes chemoembolization.
- Bladder cancer services: Includes all avenes of treatment.
- Genetic counseling
- Rehabilitation and survivorship: Includes the area’s only comprehensive cancer rehabilitation and lymphedema therapy program, with nationally recognized, highly specialized therapists and physicians in a Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)-accredited rehabilitation center.
Take Charge of Your Health—See a Cancer Specialist Today
Meadows Regional Cancer Care Center is conveniently located at:
Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
77 North Airlite Street
Elgin, IL 60123
For more information, or to make your appointment with a skilled Presence Health oncologist, call 847.931.5520.