Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60657
Maps & Directions
We offer low-cost parking in our lots and parking garage.
To request an appointment with one of our heart and vascular experts, call 773.665.3187 or fill out our quick form.
Minutes count when you have a heart attack, a stroke or another cardiovascular condition. At Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, our world-renowned experts in cardiology and interventional radiology provide the highest quality of care for patients who have heart and vascular (blood vessel) conditions.
Why Choose Us?
Our community hospital provides the same level of expertise as an academic medical center. In our friendly, neighborhood setting, you’ll receive the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment procedures from our compassionate physicians, nurses and other staff. Our comprehensive program features:
- Award-winning care: We are the only hospital in Chicago and one of just 9 in Illinois named among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States by Truven Health Analytics.
- Top heart attack and stroke care: We have earned national Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). We also earned the Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission. Both honors recognize our commitment to fast diagnosis and lifesaving treatment for heart attack and stroke.
- Rapid emergency treatment: If you need emergency cardiac catheterization, our cath lab staff is available 24/7 and responds within 30 minutes.
- One location for cardiovascular care: All our services are on the same floor at Presence Saint Joseph. You’ll have your diagnostic testing and imaging, treatment and rehab all in one place.
- Outstanding outcomes for heart bypass: We’re one of only a few hospitals in Illinois to earn the highest rating (3 stars) for heart bypass surgery from The Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- High patient safety scores: We have earned the highest score possible from Leapfrog, the nation’s leading patient safety expert. Our “A” grade highlights how well we protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections.
- Experienced physicians: Meet our expert physician leaders, Dr. Bruce Lewis, Section Chief of Cardiology and Dr. Lowell Steen, Medical Director of Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
Full Range of Cardiovascular Services
At Presence Saint Joseph, you’re an important member of our team. We work closely with you to provide the experienced, personal care you deserve. These are some of our heart and vascular care services:
- Heart diagnosis: Our echocardiography department is nationally accredited, offering exceptional care from experienced specialists and technicians. We offer flexible appointment scheduling during the week and on Saturdays so you can begin treatment as soon as possible.
- Arrhythmia care: If you have an irregular heartbeat, we offer specialized care to restore a normal heart rhythm, including pacemaker and defibrillator implants and radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation.
- Cardiac catheterization: In our new angiography suite, we have the most up-to-date imaging technology for cardiology and interventional radiology procedures. We use cardiac catheterization to diagnose and treat heart problems such as narrowed or blocked arteries, irregular heartbeat or problems with heart valves or ventricles (chambers of the heart).
- Heart attack care: From the moment you arrive, we work quickly to provide the care you need. Our door-to-balloon times (the time it takes for heart attack patients to get lifesaving treatment) consistently beat national benchmarks.
- Heart surgery: We offer both traditional surgery and minimally invasive options, such as off-pump coronary artery bypass. This procedure enables your surgeon to operate without a heart-lung machine.
- Vascular care: Our interventional cardiologists and radiologists have years of experience opening narrowed and blocked arteries and veins for better blood and oxygen flow. We use a variety of procedures, including angioplasty and stent placement, to open arteries in the heart, neck, arms, legs and abdomen.
- Cardiac rehab: Our comprehensive program of exercise, education and support can help you return to your active life and reduce your risk of further heart problems.
Cardiovascular Conditions We Treat
Our interventional cardiologists and interventional radiologists treat a wide range of heart and vascular (blood vessel) conditions, including:
- Aortic aneurysm: Weak area in the wall of the main artery that carries blood from the heart through the chest and abdomen.
- Atherosclerosis: Plaque buildup in arteries that causes them to narrow and harden.
- Cancerous tumors in the lungs or liver.
- Chest pain and heart attack.
- Coronary artery disease: Narrowed or blocked arteries in the heart.
- Heart arrhythmia: Irregular heartbeat.
- Peripheral artery disease: Narrowed or blocked arteries leading to the arms, legs, neck (carotid arteries) or other areas.
- Stroke: Blood clot that blocks a blood vessel in the brain (ischemic stroke).
Learn more about all of our heart and vascular care at Presence Health hospitals.