It’s a family experience.
The Family Birthplace at Presence Resurrection Medical Center provides the expert care you need for the birth of your baby. With obstetricians, neonatologists, anesthesiologists and an expert nursing staff available 24/7, we’ll take good care of you and your baby.
The Family Birthplace at Presence Resurrection: Why Choose Us
- Private and comfortable labor/delivery/recovery (LDR) rooms: We offer advanced delivery capabilities in a pleasant suite that allows the entire birth process to take place in a single room. Each room has hardwood floors, an entertainment center, a dining area, a private bathroom with shower, a bassinet and special lighting and medical equipment that are concealed in the decor until needed during delivery.
- Two surgical suites: If needed or when a C-section is planned, our surgical suites are conveniently located on the unit.
- Postpartum care in the Women & Family Suites: After your baby is born, you’ll enjoy a spacious and comfortable suite with a private bathroom and plenty of room for family.
- Special Care Nursery: At-risk infants who require intensive care are closely monitored in our state-of-the-art Special Care Nursery. A neonatologist is onsite 24/7. These doctors specialize in caring for sick or premature newborns.
- Primary nurse caregiver: Throughout your stay, one nurse is the primary caregiver for both you and your baby.
- Classes: We offer a variety of classes about childbirth, parenting, sibling preparation and infant care to help you get ready for the new baby.
- Breastfeeding support: Our lactation specialists personally instruct all breastfeeding mothers during their hospital stay.
- Home visits: Within a few days of discharge, a staff nurse will visit your home to provide a head-to-toe assessment of you and your baby. If necessary, our nurse can refer you to a lactation specialist, dietitian or social worker.
New Beginnings Prenatal Program: The New Beginnings Prenatal Program provides prenatal care to moms-to-be with limited financial resources, including obstetric care, education, counseling and emotional support. Prenatal care is offered in the New Beginnings office at Presence Holy Family Medical Center in Des Plaines. Patients may then choose to deliver in The Family Birthplace at Presence Resurrection Medical Center. For more information about the New Beginnings Prenatal Program, please call 847.813.3040.
For more information, to find a doctor, register for a class or schedule a tour, call us at 877.737.4636 (INFO).