Everything Your Heart Needs
Presence Resurrection Medical Center offers the highest level of care for a wide range of heart and vascular conditions, including the latest approaches in heart health. Patients of any age benefit from the latest, most innovative treatments and a tailored care plan right here in your backyard. We consider you an important member of our care team, not just a patient. You’ll receive the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment procedures from our compassionate physicians, nurses and other staff to accurately diagnose, treat and provide ongoing support.
We offer a full range of non-invasive testing such as angiogram, cardiac CT, EP and MRI, EKG and Holter monitor for fast detection of heart and vascular disease. We can help you understand your cholesterol numbers or manage complex conditions including a-fib (atrial fibrillation), congestive or chronic heart failure, coronary heart or venous insufficiency disease. We provide the most advanced treatments available, from ICD and pacemaker implants, bypass or CABG surgery to heart stents and minimally invasive mitral valve treatments. At Presence Resurrection Medical Center, you can count on the expertise and amenities of a larger academic medical near your home.
Heart and Vascular Treatments
Whether its prevention and screening, diagnosis, treatment or rehabilitation, we offer the care you need based on your individual needs and circumstances. That care includes:
- Cardiac Catheterization: We do the most cardiac catheterizations in the area. The clinical outcomes are superior, as evidenced by our nationally recognized awards from the American Heart Association; Mission Lifeline and 2017 Platinum Performance Achievement Award for ACTION Registry
- Advanced, digital angiography: Innova® digital angiography, the latest advance in heart imaging, provides our physicians a detailed, real-time image of your heart with less radiation exposure, a larger field of view and less distortion
- Cardiac Rehab: Through a three-phase program of recovery and prevention, we offer a comprehensive exercise program, including education and support to help you get back to an active lifestyle. We also offer monitored exercise for patients with left ventricular assisted device (LVADs). Learn more about cardiac rehab at Presence Health.
- Complete Cardiac Diagnostic Testing including electrocardiograms, stress tests, echocardiograms, and holter and event monitoring.
- Comprehensive Electrophysiology Program: Your procedure will be performed using the newest state of the art technology led by our experienced Physicians.
- Interventional Cardiology Testing including:
- Atherectomy: Procedure using a laser catheter to remove plaque from the arteries
- Cardiac catheterization: Including balloon angioplasty, drug-eluding stents and Angiojet®
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: New technique to treat heart failure using implantable devices and a tiny wire to make the heart beat stronger and more efficiently
- Heart arrhythmia: Irregular heartbeat
- Heart surgery
- Thrombolytic therapy: Dissolves potentially deadly blood clots from arteries without surgery
Staffed by a clinical pharmacist who is responsible for providing evidence-based anticoagulation management and individualized specialized treatment plans for each patient.
- Comprehensive patient education and counseling
- Screening for drug interactions and medication management
- Rapid INR testing using finger stick blood test
- Low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) management
- Vitamin K management
- Flu Shots
- Bridge therapy for patients requiring interruption in oral anticoagulation.
We are conveniently located within the Cardiology Department in the main hospital.
A physician referral is required for the anticoagulation clinic services.
Anticoagulation Clinic Hours of Operation:
Monday 8 am - 4 pm
Tuesday 7 am - 3 pm
Wednesday 8 am - 4 pm
Thursday 7 am - 3 pm
Friday 8 am - 4 pm
If you have specific questions regarding Presence Resurrection Medical Center’s Anticoagulation Clinic, please call 773.990.8408
Why Choose Us?
You deserve compassionate caregivers willing to go above and beyond for your heart. Our experienced heart and vascular team is committed to giving you the very best that medicine has to offer. We provide comprehensive cardiovascular services in an award-winning program that features:
- Top honors from the American Heart Association (AHA): AHA has recognized us for our expertise and excellent outcomes in caring for heart attack and stroke patients
- 2017 Mission: Lifeline Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for our care of STEMI patients
- 2016 Mission: Lifeline”= Bronze Plus Receiving Award
- 2016 Accredited STEMI Receiving Center
- Proven track record of outstanding outcomes: We are one of the first hospitals in the U.S. to be designated a Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care by BlueCross and BlueShield acknowledging better results – including fewer complications, low readmission rates and cost efficiency.
- 2017 Platinum Performance Achievement Award for ACTION Registry-Get with the Guidelines (GWTG).
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)-a voluntary credentialing process demonstrating high quality of our cardio diagnostic echocardiograms.
- Nationally recognized emergency heart care: We were the first hospital in Chicago, the third in Illinois to become STEMI certified.
- Cardiac Rehab Program: Accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Community Health Education
Smoking Cessation Programs: Offered by the American Lung Association: Learn how to overcome your tobacco addiction so you can start enjoying the benefits of better health in a fun, interactive learning environment.
- When: Tuesdays, 5 to 7 p.m. (plus one Thursday)
- Location: Presence Resurrection Medical Center
- For more information, please call 877.737.4636
Presence Resurrection Medical Center
7435 West Talcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
To make an appointment for diagnostic testing, please call 877.737.4636
To make an appointment with our Cardiac Rehabilitation department, please call 773.990.5023
View a map and directions.
Learn more about cardiovascular care at Presence Health .